It is SO cool that you have a blog too!! I love it! I read all of your posts. They make me laugh. I remember your Jackson Family Reunion in Idaho, fireworks on the 24th and the parade. Good times! Kylee is SO dang cute! Good job lol. I can't believe she's walking already. She's growing up so fast. I put a link to your blog on my blog I hope that's ok. If not I can take it off.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
"If you don't know where you want to go it doesn't matter which path you take." -Cheshire Cat "Alice in Wonderland"
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not!" -Unknown
"It's never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot
"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got." -Sheryl Crow
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive, who is Youer than you." -Dr. Suess
"Don't worry about people from your past, There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future."
-Unknown
"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key." -The Eagles
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain." -Unknown
"Every 60 seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back." -Unknown
"I've heard there are troubles of more then one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat and I'm ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me." -Dr. Suess
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day andI believe in miracles." -Audrey Hepburn
"Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out." -President Gordon B. Hinckley
"There is no greater good in all the world than moterhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation." -James E. Faust
"Learn what you should learn, do what you should do, and be what you should be." -President Thomas S. Monson
What Movie Is This From?
"Nothing makes a woman feel more like a girl than a man who sings like a boy. "
Last Quote Answer: My Best Friend's Wedding - "It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy."
Lyric's to Love
I can understand how when the edges are rough
And they cut you like the tiniest slithers of glass
And you feel too much
And you don't know how long you're gonna last
But everyone you know
Is trying to smooth it over
Find a way to make the hurt go away.
But everyone you know
Is trying to smooth it over
Like you're trying to scream underwater.
Bu I won't let you make the great escape,
I'm never gonna watch you checkin out of this place.
I'm not gonna lose you
Cause the passion and the pain
Are gonna keep you alive someday
Gonna keep you alive someday. -The Great Escape - P!nk
My First Little Angel
Kylee Amanda
Kylee Funnies and Precious Moments
-Kylee's verison of "Hold on Loosely" by 38 Special goes like this: "Hold on Bruce Wayne, and don't let go."
-We were at dinner and Kylee said out of nowhere..."mom, is the state bird of Ohio really a nympho?" (Thanks 50 First Dates).
-Kylee has a shirt that says Pretty Like Mommy on it. As I was helping her get ready for bed I took it off her and said "You are so much prettier than mommy." She replied, "No, I'm pretty like you mommy but stinky like daddy."
-Kylee: "Mom, why does the Book of Mormon song have the word penis in it?"
Me: "What?!?!?"
Kylee: "You know, 1st and 2nd Book of Nephi, Jacob, Penis."
Me: "It's ENOS Ky, ENOS!!!"
-Me: "The first thing I'm going to do when we get home is go potty."
Kylee: "Mom, you should really say use the bathroom. It makes you sound more mature."
-I dished up some ice cream and gave it to Ky and she said "does this have calcium in it?"
-Kylee: "Look mom I made the letter Y with my string cheese." Me: "That's silly Ky." Kylee: "It's not silly, it's educational!"
-Kissing Kylee goodnight she looked at me and said "Mom, I'm glad I have Grandma but I'd rather have you."
-Me: (totally losing my patience) "Kylee, I can only do one thing at a time. I'm not wonder woman." Kylee: "But you ARE a WONDERFUL woman!" Suddenly, I gained some patience back. :)
-I was having a particularly hard time getting Kylee to clean her room and resulted to "I mean it, clean this room right now." Kylee looked right at me and said "Mom, you are just like Miss Hannigan, only pretty." At least she thinks I'm pretty.
-Kylee: "Burrr...it's cold in here. Where are we...Minnesota?
-I was telling Kylee the story of Daniel and the Lion's Den and asked her who Daniel could ask for help and Kylee shouted "TONYA!" She thought that Daniel was her UNCLE Daniel and figured his wife would help him out of the den.
-I made Kylee a PB&J sandwich for lunch and asked her how she wanted me to cut it. The options were into a triangle or into a square. She thought about it for a second and said "how 'bout an octagon."
-Kylee over heard me talking about maybe taking her and Cannon to Cherry Hill with some friends. The next morning she woke up and asked if we were going to Strawberry Mountain. It took me a second to realize she meant Cherry Hill.
-Kylee was spitting and I told her to stop spitting and she replied with "Mom, it's not spit. It's just water from my mouth.
-I was getting Ky ready for church and asked her how she got so pretty and she said "because Heavenly Father made me look like my mommy." I cried.
-I had asked Kylee to pick up her toys already and was probably on my 3rd or 4th attempt to get her to pick them up, so this time I yelled a little louder. Kylee looked right at me and said "Yes, Miss Hannigan." in such a snotty tone. It made me smile but made me sad at the same time.
-About a week before we flew out to Portland Kylee came to me with a worried and sad look on her face. She no longer wanted to fly in an airplane. When I asked her why she said it was because she didn't want to have to jump out of the airplane because that was too scary. She thought you got out of the airplane by jumping out of it. I had just bought her a backpack for the trip and she thought it was for a parachute.
-"Mom, when is Kid's day?" (We had been talking about Mother's Day)
-"Mom, are slurpee's ice cream, or snow cones, or what? Because whatever they are...I LIKE 'EM!!!"
-Spring weather has been fickle and not that great so far this year and my kids are dying to play outside. The other day I picked them up from my moms and this is what Kylee said to me. "Mom! It's not raining, or snowing, or windy and the sun is shinning and it is a beeeeeeeeeeUUUUtiful day. HALLELUJAH!!!" She put her hands up and everything. I honestly don't know where she learned it but it cracked me up!
-I was trying to get Kylee to watch a movie so I could start some homework and started naming some of her favorites when she interrupted me and said..."Mom, I don't want to watch "UP!" I want to watch "DOWN!"
-I heard a loud bang in Kylee's room so I went in and asked what was going on and Kylee said "I'm not a good hand stander mom. I think I'll stick to sommer saults."
-Kylee and Cannon had made a mess in the kitchen with some water from the fridge. I gave them towels and asked them to clean it up. Kylee started singing "It's a hard knock life, for us." It made me laugh.
-I was trying to disfuse a fight between Kylee and Cannon by singing "Kindness begins with me." Kylee's response: "um, mom. Kindness begins with K."
-I asked Kylee to get ready for bed and she said to me "how 'bout I don't go to bed but hibernate instead since it's snowing outside."
-I was singing a song at the top of my lungs while cleaning the bathroom and Kylee came in and said "you are such a rock star mom!" Too cute!
-Me: "Kylee please pick up this mess you made right now." Kylee: "But mom, I'm your favorite little girl." (Which I say to her all the time. She is just too smart.)
-Me: "Kylee, I'm losing my patience with you." Kylee: "Then you should find it mom."
-Song Lyrics: "Hey now, you're an all-star" Kylee's version: "Hang out, you are Oscar."
-Me: "Kylee, I'm so glad you're my daughter." Kylee: "And I'm so glad you're pretty mom."
-I was on the computer and Ky came up and said "mom, it's my turn please. I want to go to pbskids.org and check my email."
-Kylee said her first prayer all by herself tonight. This is how it went. "Heavenwy fafer, pwease bwess that dad will be safe, pwease bwess we can take turns and be good, pwease bwess we can be nice and happy. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I cried.
-I asked Kylee to pick up her toys and she said with a big smile "Eye, eye, captain!" and gave me a big salute. Don't know where she learned that one, but it made me laugh.
-Out of nowhere Kylee said to me..."Mom, sometimes you make me mad, but I still love you." Umm...ok. Glad she still loves me.
-We were having a discussion about what we like to drink and Curtis said, "I like Coke" to which I said "I like Diet Coke" and then Kylee chimed in "I like diet Cocoa Puffs."
-Kylee calls Idaho - Hide-a-hoe! I love it!
-I was downstairs doing dishes and could hear someone banging on the floor with something. Upstairs I found Kylee banging on the floor with my drum sticks and singing "So what, I'm still a rock star!" SO CUTE!
-Kylee wanted to go outside and I told her I couldn't because my back was hurting (stupid kidneys) and she just said, "ok mom, I'll rub it for you." It made me cry. She is so sweet.
-Almost everyday when I wake up Kylee will say to me "Mom, you feel better today?" Makes me want to cry, and always helps me just do what I can to make it through the day.
-I was practising piano and when I finished the song Kylee said..."That was great mom! I'm so proud of you." So sweet.
-Just Kylee and I were at Ross and as we walked down the shoe aisle Kylee said "Aunt Em LOVES shoes." Which if any of you know Emilee you know this is SO true. Then she saw a particularly nice pair with very high heals and Kylee said "Aunt Em wants these mom. Buy them for Aunt Em?" Always thinking of others.
-Kylee handed me her cell phone (an old one of ours that no longer works) and told me to call the doctor. I asked her if she was sick and she said no, so I just pretended to talk to the doctor, said goodbye, and hung up the phone, wondering how she comes up with this stuff. After I gave the phone back she asked "what he say?" something she asks a lot after I get off a call, to which I just said he said to be good and listen to your mom. Kylee's response was..."no mamma, he say no more monkey's jumping on the bed." What a funny girl!
-Kylee had been sick and I had been sleeping with her the last couple nights. Since she was feeling better, I told her she had to sleep by herself tonight but could go pick a stuffed animal to sleep with or one of her babies. She went over and grabbed them ALL with her tiny little arms and put them in bed with her. It was So sweet!
-Kylee came walking into the room on her tippy toes (or teepee toes as she calls it) and I asked her what she was doing and she said "ballet". (I'm pretty sure she learned it on Sesame Street because it was the word of the day) Too cute!
-I was getting Kylee ready for the day and had just finished fixing her hair. We both looked in the mirror and I said "Who's that pretty girl in the mirror?" To which Kylee said "MOMMY!" Made my day!
-We had just finished eating dinner when Kylee asked "Elmo on?" (meaning she wanted to watch Elmo.) I replied with, "Kylee, mama is SICK of Elmo." To which Kylee said "Mama watch Ellen?" Too cute.
My Second Little Angel
Cannon Curtis
Cannon Funnies and Precious Moments
-Cannon: "Mom, I need some Vick's paper rub and the human fire on me so I can sleep."
What he meant was Vick's Vapor rub and the humidifier.
-Kylee: "Why is it foggy again?"
Cannon: "I think the clouds came down to see the Christmas lights."
-Cannon: "Mom, I know how to spell Amanda Lena Cosper."
Me: "Really? How?"
Cannon: "M-O-M"
-Cannon came into my room with a stuffed snake he has and was making the sound tttttttt. I said, Cannon - snakes say ssssss, and Cannon said, "Not this snake. He likes the letter T not the letter S."
-Cannon calls cactus - practice. He also calls marshmallows -smarshmallows.
-Cannon: "Girls wear make up but boys wear hockey helmets."
-Cannon ALWAYS makes sure to give me a kiss and a hug before I leave for work. "I need a kiss and a hug" is all I hear until I leave, and it is the best way to start my day.
-When Cannon burps or needs to excuse himself for some other reason, he always says "excuse you, me." I think since I always say "excuse you" to him, he thinks you say excuse you no matter what.
-Every night when I put Cannon to bed he asks me to sing 3 songs. The first two are ALWAYS the same (Baby Mine and I love to see the Temple), and the last one he changes every night. It makes me laugh some of the things he picks.
-Sometimes when I give Cannon something he likes to eat he'll say "Yum Yum Yum. Delicioso!" Thanks Dora the Explorer.
-I have no idea why, but sometimes Cannon will randomly add an "a" to the end of words to add an UH sound to them. Like he says "I bonk-a my head" or "don't spank-a my bum." and he says "excuse-a me" Maybe he's got some Italian blood in him or something. I love it of course.
-While getting his 2 year-old well check Cannon was so well behaved and just made me so proud as a mom. When it came time to do his shots he was on my lap being sweet and then the nurses stuck the needles in. He started to cry just a little and in the saddest voice I've ever heard said "you shot me!" The nurses both laughed and thought he was the sweetest thing...which he is!
-My mom offered the kids popscicles one night and Kylee got a brown one and Cannon got a green one. Kylee said "mine is rootbeer" and Cannon said "Mine is Sprite!" I thought it was so cleaver of him to put that together.
-Cannon: "Knock Knock" Me: "Who's there" Cannon: "Kylee" Me: "Kylee Who?" Cannon: "CURTIS!" (I know...it doesn't make sense but it's so cute when he says it and he made it up all by himself. Plus he thinks it is really funny.)
-Cannon has a default answer to any question and uses it whenever he doesn't know the answer or what to say...it's "Cocoa Puffs!" The weird thing is it's not like they are his most favorite. He chooses cherrio's over cocoa puffs all the time. He just likes to say it. The other day it was his turn to pick what we did for family night and like always his aswer was "Cocoa Puffs" and Kylee responded "Cannon, that's not an option." Another time she answered with "that's your answer to everything."
-As I mentioned before Cannon, for the most part, is incredibly polite. Even as he has got closer to being 2 and starting to get the defiant "NO" attitude toddlers can have, he keeps things polite by telling me "No Thanks" when I ask him to do something. Like today I told him it was time to get in his pajamas and he politely said, "no thanks" and then later when I told him he had to pick up his toys, I got another polite little "no thanks."
-My favorite Cannon saying right now is "TA DA" (which he says anytime you are done getting him dressed, or when he throws something away, or when I ask Cannon, where are you?) It cracks me up. Close second are "AH MAN, OH NO, and OK." They all just sound so dang cute coming from his cute little mouth.
-Cannon is SO polite. The best feeling in the world is when you hand your child something and they kindly say "gank goo." or when they ask for something and follow it with "pweese?"
-Cannon's new favorite thing to say is "what's that?" He asks it about EVERYTHING. It can get a little annoying, but most of the time it's just plain cute!
-Cannon, just like Kylee, LOVES Elmo and Sesame Street. He gets so excited when he hears the theme song starting and will clap and say YAY when the song is over.
-Cannon is the happiest baby when he wakes up and he always gives me a nice big hug when I pick him up out of his crib. It is the BEST!
-Coming down our stairs there is a big picture of Jesus. EVERY TIME I am walking down with Cannon in my arms he points to it and says "OHH." Then I say, is that Jesus? and he'll nod his head yes. So sweet. Now that he is older he actually says Jesus so well and the other day we were walking down the stairs and he said "There's Jesus. Hey Jesus."
-Cannon loves to give me kisses and makes the mmmmwaaaa sound as he does it. It is the sweetest thing.
-Cannon has learned to say "yes" and uses it very appropriately. While changing his bum I asked him if he knew how much I loved him and he answered with a big grin "YES". So sweet.
- Cannon is ALL BOY. He loves to BANG on EVERYTHING. He also loves to always have a ball in his hand. Sometimes I'll hear him giggling and I'll run to see what's making him laugh and it's just him and his football, or basketball, or just a little plastic ball.
- Cannon LOVES to pull him self up to our TV. Which is EXTREMELY scary and unsafe. As soon as I see him starting to crawl towards the TV I'll tell him "No No Cannon" which just makes him laugh and crawl even faster towards the tv. Little Stinker!
- Cannon is great at crawling, but when he first started he would only go BACKWARDS. Not sure why that was easier for him, but it always made us laugh. He figured out how to go forward with time and is now into everything.
-Cannon is famous for blowing spit bubbles and doing raspberries, especially when he's teething. Kylee went to give him a kiss and he raspberried her good right on her cheek. They both laughed. It was SO cute!
2 comments:
So cute! Little walker. Conner has that same piano :) I can't believe she is almost one!
It is SO cool that you have a blog too!! I love it! I read all of your posts. They make me laugh. I remember your Jackson Family Reunion in Idaho, fireworks on the 24th and the parade. Good times! Kylee is SO dang cute! Good job lol. I can't believe she's walking already. She's growing up so fast. I put a link to your blog on my blog I hope that's ok. If not I can take it off.
Post a Comment