Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Since it is looking like there isn't going to be any hockey this year (NOOOO!!!!!) I can safely say this is my most favorite time of the year.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!  I know that everyone complains about not celebrating Christmas until Thanksgiving is over, but I think the two really do go hand in hand.  I love focusing all November long on the things I am thankful for.  It always come down to the same conclusion though...the thing I am absolutely MOST thankful for is my Savior, Jesus Christ.  It's very easy to let the shopping and the presents and the talk of Santa mask what the season really is all about.

This year as I got each nativity out I realized I have 3.  I told Ky and Cannon they could both pick one they could set up and we would talk about the story of Jesus' birth why we set them up.  It was so cute.  I told them about each figurine and why/how they came to see the Savior.  When we were done I looked over at Cannon's and he had arranged his all COMPLETELY around the baby Jesus.  I told him he needed to have them face out so we could see the baby, and he frankly responded: "But Mom, then the Shepard's and Wise Men can't see the baby Jesus very well and they came all that way to see Jesus."  It warmed my heart.  So all our nativities now have the visitors completely surrounding the babe.  I encouraged my children to help us keep Jesus the center of our home as well.  I love when my children humble and teach me. They are amazing little souls.  
On a lesser note:  I'm obsessed with Hot Chocolate.  I'm pretty sure I drink at least 3 or 4 mugs of it a day.  It warms my soul and makes me happy.  
I just thought this picture was so pretty.  It makes me happy (and thirsty).  

I hope you all enjoy this  
MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!

No comments: