I am a sucker for the obstacle races. I love that it's more than just running. The Spartan Beast is supposed to be one of the hardest of the obstacle races around. After conquering Tough Mudder last year, I was up for the challenge. One of the hardest parts of the race is that it is held in HEAT!!! It was triple digits the day we ran, although Tough Mudder was freezing cold so I guess you just can't have it be good weather for races like these. I got to run in a team with co-workers who I adore. We took each obstacle like champs and I am VERY proud to say there were only 2 obstacles I didn't complete (but did 30 burpees instead).
Almost all the running is trail running up and down mountains. Tough on the body but great views!
I did biff it hard coming down the mountain about mile 6 of the race and my tailbone found a rock perfectly. It hurt like heck (knocked the wind right out of me) but the adrenaline kept me going and I was able to finish the race no problem. It wasn't until we got home and I had sat in a car for 2 hours that I knew something was wrong. The pain at that point was unbearable and a quick trip to the doctor revealed I had indeed busted my tailbone. :( Sadly there isn't much you can do for that besides sit on a donut pillow and be miserable until it heals. It was worth it though. A fun race that pushed me hard. I love that I can do hard things.






1 comment:
WTF?!? You are incredible! When did you get those sexy arms? Your legs have always been hot but now I have nothing on you. ;) You win.
Post a Comment