Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I've Learned

I've been through a lot lately. More then I'm going to share publicly (even privately now) because I know we all have our own trials and I'm not quite ready to share all the details, but believe me...I'm at that point in life where you can't help but say..SERIOUSLY? Not to say I'm picked on or feel cheated by any means. Even through it all, I feel really blessed. My recent struggles have helped me realize a lot of things, some of which I want to remember:


  • My kids are gorgeous. I could just look at them all day. They have so much energy and are so full of life and I'm so lucky to be their mom. Some days I don't think I'd even get out of bed if it weren't for them.
  • It is REALLY hard to not be able to play with my kids and to just watch them enjoy life without me. I don't ever want to not be in their life.
  • Those who really love you show it...not just sometimes, but ALL the time.
  • It sucks to feel all alone.
  • Swallowing isn't always an easy thing to do. It sucks when you can't swallow without it hurting. We swallow a lot during a day.
  • Thyroids are not easy to live without.
  • I'm not an attractive person.
  • Modern medicine is amazing.
  • Pain killers are live savers, but make me USELESS!
  • I don't like feeling useless.
  • Words really can cause more hurt than a punch in the face...and the damage they cause is much harder to heal then a black eye. So just punch me in the face instead. ;-)
  • It's hard to ask for help.
  • Satan is sneaky.
  • I'm not as tough or cool as I think I am.
  • I have a lot of wonderful people in my life.
  • I love my mom more then I show her.
  • It is hard when you feel like you can't control your emotions.
  • Things always work out...but not always the way you want and almost always require lots of effort on your part. Nothing is easy, but life is worth it.
  • I don't want to give up, even though that seems so easy right now.
  • I am nothing without my Savior Jesus Christ.
  • As long as you stay hydrated, you can cry forever.

I know there was a lot of negatives on that list, and don't worry...I'm doing great. I have lots of help from wonderful friends and family and I am truly blessed. I'm just very anxious for things to get better...and know that they will. They have to. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a huge problem with the "I am not an attractive person" part of your list, Mandy Dear! It is SO NOT TRUE! You are beautiful inside and out and never forget it. I love you.

Katie said...

I totally agree with Holly...you are..and always have been,so beautiful..I mean it ..you are HOT!