Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer - FUN, FUN, FUN

I don't have ANY pictures to post because stinker #1 (Kylee) somehow got the battery out of my camera and then proceeded to LOSE it. I have cleaned my house top to bottom and can't seem to find it anywhere. Which means until I can afford to go to Inkley's and see how much a new one is...no pictures. Which is sad because we have done a lot of really fun things lately and I really wish I could document them with pictures.

One not so fun thing that happened recently was I broke my ankle. Well, technically, the ankle joint. I was starting to feel great and was playing with Kylee and dancing around when all the sudden...SNAP! I was on the floor and in pain. 4-6 weeks in an air cast and I should be as good as new...until something else happens. ;-)

Here's just a small list of fun things we've been able to do recently.

  1. Cogdill Family Reunion - Lava Hot Springs - so much fun...even with all the rain.
  2. Jackson Family Reunion - Blackfoot, ID - also so much fun...even with all the rain. ;-)
  3. Swimming with friends, at Uncle Spence's, and even just in Grandma's backyard - my kids can't get enough of the water and who can blame them. It's been in the 90's here.
  4. Stake Lagoon Day with my Family - I was so excited to take Kylee for her first LAGOON experience. She loved all the rides at Bear World, so I thought she would have the time of her life. She cried when they stamped her hand. Didn't like the ink on her. Which made me laugh because she draws on herself all the time. So, needless to say, it didn't start out too well. She went on the cars and then Puff with Curtis (which she cried the whole time) and then the carousel, but wanted to go to Grandma's (which is were we had left Cannon). I think if she would have had a friend to ride with and a better nights rest, it would have been a better experience...maybe next year. Curtis and I had a great time though! Even with my broken foot it was a lot of fun!
  5. Lots of Popsicle eating and park visiting.

I really hate that my foot is broke. It is really hard to not go running every day or even be able to ride my bike. I'm trying to look at the positive and at least it was just my foot and not something serious. I hope my luck is changing and that once this heals, I can stay healthy!

Hope you are having a fun summer!

2 comments:

Aunt Jean said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle... but we know you "need" the attention right! LoL....
Love the play in the rain day!!! We used to do that with the kids when they were little too... you can always dry off!
Heal fast!!!!
Love ya, Aunt Jean and Uncle Doug

Aimee said...

So sorry about your broken foot and camera battery. We actually thought that I broke mine last night... turns out just sprained really bad but boy does it hurt!

It sounds like you've had a busy and fun summer. I'm so glad that we're able to keep up with each other on our blogs. I really miss my AIB gals! Loves...