Monday, July 20, 2009

A Super Fun Weekend

I will admit that this summer has been a little depressing for me. Breaking my foot hasn't helped either. We have been able to do some camping and fun things (as noted below) but with money being so tight and Curtis working so hard to try and make ends meet, it makes for the weekends to be pretty uneventful and kind of boring sometimes. It gets lonely and depressing, but I'm glad I have my kids to always keep me company.

I thought this last weekend wouldn't be any different. Just another weekend home with the kids and just being boring. Quickly that changed and I had plans to go to St. George to see my incredibly talented cousin who is spending his summer down there at Tuachan and performing in High School Musical 2. I didn't think I'd get the chance to see him, which again bummed me out, but luck smiled and I found out Friday night I would be able to catch a ride Saturday morning and make it to the play Saturday night.
I have never been to Tuachan, although I have drove past it a couple times. It is amazing.
SO BEAUTIFUL!

Here is Taylor with his incredibly proud (and beautiful) mom, my sweet Aunt Darla.

Em and Me with our cute Cousin Taylor. He did SUCH a great job as CHAD in HSM2. We are so proud to know him.
It was just a really quick trip to St. George, but so worth it.
Then Sunday night Kylee and I tagged along with Emilee and Jon and went to the Weber State fireworks.
I tried to keep Kylee entertained while we waited for the fireworks to start.
She colored....
ate LOTS and LOTS of sugar, which had her bouncing around, singing, and just being silly...

and ran around like crazy.

We even got rained on a little bit.
Just before the fireworks finally started I looked over to find my sweet girl asleep.
She slept through the whole thing.
It was a lot of fun though and there were some great fireworks.
I love this time of the year, and the firework shows are a lot of the reason why.
So what I thought was going to be a normal, boring, weekend turned out to be an amazingly fun time instead. Thanks to Darla and Emilee for letting me tag along with them both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I've been such a slacker in checking your blog and seeing what's up with you guys. I'm sorry you broke your foot! If you guys are bored, you totally should come over to my house and the kids could all play together, especially now that we have the new babe and getting out for me is even harder than before! I love you Mandy, please call me or email, I miss you.