I should have known by the way my work day ended on Friday that this weekend wasn't going to go the way I had been planning. It was a horrible day at work and I was so excited to get home and put it all behind me. We had so many fun things planned, and almost all of them fell through, were canceled, or were not nearly as fun as I wanted them to be...EXCEPT for the fun time we had with our good friends the Bailey's. :) Thanks Guys!
Friday we went to our city carnival and it was totally LAME. So we came home and just played. I must say, some of the best times are just playing with my kids. Cannon said to me "you're my best friend mom."
Isn't he the cutest? I found him this hockey jersey at OshGosh and he will not take it off. He even sleeps in it. That's my boy!!! I want to buy him a real jersey, but just can't see spending that much money on something he will outgrow in a few months.
Kylee quickly over threw me as best friend by giving Cannon horsey rides and no joke a few minutes later I hear Cannon saying to Kylee "you're my best friend Ky." I won't complain about that!I got Lightroom for my photos a while ago and have not even began to play with it. I honestly just import my photos and export them right out without any editing because I just haven't had the time. I did play shortly with some this weekend. I'm excited to learn so much more about photography some day when I have a little more time.
This little guy is the sweetest. He makes me so happy to be a mom.
So our Friday night ended up being a bust. I hate when I don't have much to do on a Friday night. It makes me feel lonely, but I know that I am never alone and also LOVE the time just chilling with my kids.
It was a mellow night and we were all in bed by nine. (EVEN ME!) I was apparently super tired and needed the sleep. Not what I had planned at all...but so wonderful.Saturday night we got together with our dear friends the Bailey's and carved pumpkins. My kids had so much fun playing with their kids and it was so nice to enjoy the company of other adults. Thanks Katie and Trevor! You guys are the best and I hope we can get together again really soon.
Aren't they cute!.jpg)
They were the perfect addition to our humble decorations.
Sunday was the Primary Program and I was very excited for my first program as a parent. I was also very nervous. Kylee is so dang shy and doesn't usually try things or want to do anything. I signed her up to dance at Weber State and she cried the whole time during practise and wouldn't let go of my leg and it was just so traumatic for us both. Another ruined plan as she would have danced at the game on Saturday but the weather was so bad that I am glad it worked out the way it did.
Kylee was SO cute during the program. Maybe a little more wiggly than I would have liked and she kept waving at me, but at least she sat up on the stand with her class, didn't cry at all, and said her part PERFECTLY into the microphone. We had been practising and she did such a good job. I was very proud.
So, even though I can say that most my plans were ruined in one way or another, it was in no way a ruined weekend. I wish weekends would just last longer. I can never get enough time with my kids or enough done around my house or enough fun in with my friends and families, but weekends are most definitely what I work for. :) 
2 comments:
Freak your kids are cute!
Freak! They really are!!! :)
Post a Comment