Friday, November 5, 2010

A Weekend Get-a-Way

This past weekend I got the awesome opportunity to take a really quick trip away to Southern Cali. It originally was going to be me and my kids and a whole week in Disneyland and other things...but plans changed and I got to get-a-way alone with one of my best friends.
The last 2 times I have flown I have bought a hat from this adorable shop right past security in the airport. I decided to keep this tradition alive and bought this cute hat. I was sure glad I did. It came in handy after playing in the ocean all day.
We drove around Long Beach. There is this fountain outside the LB Aquarium that I love so we stopped and took a quick picture.

We took a quick tour of the Queen Mary too. This is the view of LB from the Queen Mary.

We went to Medieval Times for dinner and then walked around Downtown Disney just for fun. They were starting to decorate for the holidays.

Then the next morning we headed to the beach. We spent pretty much the whole day at Huntington Beach which is one of my favorites and holds a lot of great memories for me.
We played in the water and sat on the beach and walked along the pier and man it was just awesome. I will live by the beach someday. It is where I belong.

It was the best day. But the best part was about to come!!!

No comments: