Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dirty Dash

What an incredibly fun weekend we had. 
A friend of mine at work mentioned this really fun race/obstacle course he had heard of and I talked my cute sister, her friend Brittney, and my little family all into signing up for it. 

The dirty dash was a 5K run full of obstacles such as hay bales we had to jump over, tunnels we had to crawl through, walls we had to climb, a giant water slide, and mud pools and rivers. 



They had a Piglet Plunge which was a 1 mile run for the kids. 
It included the giant water slide - some running in the mud - and the giant mud pool.  I asked my kids if they wanted to do it and Kylee and Cannon were super excited.   

We were extremely excited to get there - and me being the speed demon that I am - got a ticket for speeding.  Since Em was following me, she pulled over when I got pulled over and the rude cop gave HER a ticket too. 
But that didn't damper our spirits.  We stretched and got ready for a fun day.

We worked it out so that Curtis could run the course first and then run the piglet run with me and the kids.  Then I was going to run the course with Em and Britt.  Sadly, the course was much harder than we thought and it took Curtis longer to run it than we anticipated.  So I took off with the kids by myself. 

Luckily, my kids are AWESOME.  They ran their little hearts out and LOVED the slide and the mud.  Curtis was able to join us just at the very end. 



Then I ran the full course with my girls. 
We got extremely dirty and it was pretty darn hard physically, but it was AWESOME.



It might be something we do every year.
(Way more pics on FB) 

1 comment:

L said...

FUN! FUN! FUN! You look awesome, btw!