Monday, June 20, 2011

Moab

Last weekend we got to take an extra long weekend trip to MOAB.  I am sad to say I have lived in Utah my whole life and it was the first time I have been there.  It was so fun.  It was even more fun to be there with my brother and his family.  His kids are growing up too fast and are becoming teenagers and too cool to hang with Aunt Mandy anymore.  We hiked A LOT and I was so proud of everyone.  They did a lot of hiking without very much complaining and even when they were tired and hot. 


We got to see a lot of gorgeous scenery and sites. 




This was Cannon every day on the way back to camp.  He would climb and play so hard each day. 

It was AMAZING to finally see the Arch that is on so many Utah license plates.  The hike was a little hard for the kids but they all did it and even made the extra hike right to the base of the arch with me.  I love my kids so much.  They make things so much more fun. 

Kylee cracks me up.  She freaks out every time it rains or when the wind starts blowing (she has this horrible fear of natural disasters - we've stopped watching the news when she's in the room), but she's not scared on bit to sit on the edge of a cliff and look down.  :)  I think my heart stopped a couple times as Kylee and Cannon would just climb with no fear and get super high up on rocks. 

We spent a day on the Colorado river too - but I didn't even take my camera since I was nervous it would get wet.  I got to Kayak with a bunch of college grads from Michigan and I'll tell you it made me feel old.  I had 4 blisters on each hand by the time we were done, but it was sure a lot of fun. 

My kids were awesome hikers and campers and I am glad we had the chance to not only see gorgeous parts of the world but just spend time together. 

No comments: