Thanksgiving this year was very low key but VERY nice. Kylee came home dressed as an Indian and told me all about some of the things she is thankful for. My mom made that cute turkey behind Kylee and everyday we would come home and put a feather on it listing something we were thankful for. It was so cute. I wish I would have got a picture of the finished turkey when it was done.
We were able to spend Thanksgiving with my family this year and it was just my immediate family minus one sister and her husband and my little bro and his wife. My mom also invited over a family in her ward. More about them a little later in the post.
My mom did a great job as usual with wonderful food and atmosphere. My kids loved finding their name tags on the table.
After a delicious meal we walked off some of our dinner and headed over to the park for a little bit.
I really have a lot of hope for my kids athletic future. I'm so uncoordinated and it makes me happy to see them already beginning to pick things up. They are so fun to play things with.
Although I might add that I totally schooled my 13 year-old nephew who thinks he is all that (do kids still say that these days?). I was even wearing high heeled boots, but I showed him his old Aunt can still bring it.
Kylee took this picture of me. I wasn't going to post it to the blog and she is sitting right here next to me and was very mad that I didn't pick it, so I thought I better put it on the blog as well. She LOVES to take pictures with my camera.
Even though it wasn't anything spectacular or nearly as BIG as we usually have (I missed my extended family), this year Thanksgiving was very special and one I will never forget. As I mentioned earlier my mom invited a family in her ward to eat with us. This was their FIRST EVER Thanksgiving in America. They have recently escaped the turmoil of a horrible country where they were persecuted and literally feared for their lives every single day. I forget that there are places like that still in the world. I forget how lucky we are to have our freedom. It was extremely humbling to listen to them talk of their home country and of the things they have gone through. I hugged my kids so much that night and just really felt grateful for all that I have. It was a perfect Thanksgiving Day. I am so very blessed and THANKFUL.









No comments:
Post a Comment