Last December, my cousin Taylor got accepted into the Disney World Internship program working in their entertainment. He has been out there since January being paid to do incredibly fun things. :) Since he is a "cast member" for Disney, he is able to get family in for free. We thought it over and decided we really should take advantage of that opportunity, and took our kids on an amazing family vacation for our 9th anniversary. So, on May 1st, 2012, we returned to Disney World with our two amazing and excited kids.
We spent our first day at the Magic Kingdom park.
The Magic Kingdom really IS magical.
This was on the ferry ride to the park.
Let the Memories Begin!
We made a ton of memories, for sure.
I'm in love with Cinderella's castle. No doubt my favorite part of the park.
It's just so pretty!!!
Riding Dumbo
Swiss Family Robinson Tree house
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Cannon was NOT impressed with It's a Small World.
Again, I LOVE that castle!
The parades were so fun.
Probably my second favorite thing.
Cannon's favorite ride was definitely the Buzz Lightyear ride.
My kids were not really interested in meeting any of the characters. They thought it was cool to see them from afar, but had no desire to go talk to them or get their autographs or anything like that. I was a little worried about that, since Kylee's always freaking out whenever a mascot comes out at a sporting event. There was no freaking out involved, just no desire to meet anyone. I'll admit, it was nice not to have to wait in the lines to see them, but it did make me kind of sad.
Then we saw BUZZ. Cannon was THRILLED. It was so cute. I hope I never forget how star struck he was and just how excited meeting buzz made him.
To Infinity...and beyond!
Totally star stuck.
Another fun parade!
Kylee's favorite ride was SPACE MOUNTAIN. Cannon wasn't tall enough to go on it (just barely too short), although I'm not sure he would have liked it. He doesn't do good with rides that are in the dark. I was worried about the dark for Ky too, but she laughed and giggled and screamed for joy the whole ride. She is her momma's daughter for sure. :)
At the end of the day I asked the kids what their favorite part was. Cannon's sweet, tired voice said "I loved meeting Buzz."
It was pretty much a perfect day. The weather was awesome, not too hot or cold. The lines were crazy short. The longest we waited for anything was 20 minutes (and that was to meet Buzz). We rode EVERY single ride there, saw all the parades and firework shows and there wasn't anything we missed. My kids were very well behaved and so much fun. It was very MAGICAL!

No comments:
Post a Comment