Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sweet Cannon

 I am SO thankful Heavenly Father sent this sweet boy to me.  I honestly couldn't ask for a sweeter child.  Don't get me wrong, he has his moments (especially if he's hungry or tired), but 98% of the time this kid just melts my heart.  It seems like he especially knows when I am feeling blue or need an extra hug.  He gives them to me all the time without any request from me.  At least once a day he pays me a compliment about how pretty I am, or how good dinner is, or what a good mom I am.  
 
He is so polite and great at thanking me for things.  He appreciates everything.  

We recently went to the airshow at Hill and even though the wind and rain totally made things miserable, he had a great time and was so thankful we went.  It is so easy to love this kid. 

Some of my most favorite compliments he has given me lately include:
"Your hair looks so pretty." (he says this EVERY TIME I wear my hair in a side braid.  Apparently it's his favorite.)
"You have pretty eyelashes." (I say this to him all the time too)
"Your cookies are the best cookies in the whole wide world."
 "I love you the most mom, and Uncle Donny the second."  
"When you come home from work, is my favorite part of the day."
"You are good at smiling."

 
The other night he came running in and told me to look outside at the sunset.  We went to the front lawn and sure enough there was a gorgeous sky.  Cannon took my hand in his and looked right up at me and said. "doesn't it just make you so happy?" 

Such a SWEET kid! 

No comments: