Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Almost Perfect Weekend

I seriously just had the best weekend.  Friday night was low key, since Curtis now works every Friday until the end of time (at least that is how it feels).  So it consisted of laundry and Netflix, but that can be a fun time.

Saturday Cannon and I went to watch our favorite hockey game of the year...Guns vs. Hoses.  I have friends on the GUNS team and the past 3 years they have beat (actually, more like slaughtered) the Hoses.  This year was no different.  They beat the hoses 12 - 2.  I got to sit with one of my favorite families of all time and we laughed and cheered and chatted the whole game.  It was a great time and some good hockey.  Even as they get older, I will never tire of watching them play.  So much fun.



Later that night we went to the Grizzlies game and sat by our dear friends and again just had the best time.  Even though the Grizzlies lost, the company was so good it didn't matter.  

Not to mention....HOCKEY IS BACK.  My Penguins beat the Flyers in their season opener and the Red Wings lost 0-6!  It doesn't get much better than that.  

Sunday we went to church and then headed over to a friends house to watch the 49ers take on the Atlanta Falcons for the NFC Championship.  Of course Curtis was super excited about this.  So to show our support for him we all got our gear on and rooted for the Niners.  

This year they were able to pull it off, so the 49ers will be going to the Super Bowl, and I have one excited hubby.  :)

Monday was a holiday so there was no school and neither Curtis or I had to work.  I think EVERY weekend should be a 3 day weekend!!!  After we spent the morning together as a family playing games and cleaning the house, we got a sitter for the kids and Curtis and I headed up the mountains.  He got ski's for Christmas and he is still trying to figure them out and get back in the groove.  



I, on the other hand, am pretty dang comfortable on my board these days and hauled booty down the mountain multiple times.  I love that we have ski resorts so close to our house.  We headed up in the late afternoon and enjoyed the cheaper "night" skiing rates and the much less crowd.  It was pretty awesome and perfect.  
Sadly, the fun all came to a sad end when we came home to a sad little 6-year-old who wasn't feeling well.  She had a fever and said her ear hurt, so I bundled her up and took her to the doctor.  I'm super thankful that Wee Care is open 24 hours.  They have saved us multiple times.  

I was able to get Ky in to see a doctor and sure enough, she had a double ear infection.  Who knows how long she had been in pain.  The sweet little girl hardly ever complains.  So, we got her some antibiotics and some rest and she is already doing well again today.  

Other than Kylee getting sick, it was an absolute perfect weekend and one I would love to repeat sometime soon.  

No comments: