Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Air Show

I have always LOVED living in Layton. I even remember going to look at our house with my parents and hearing the jets fly over for the first time. It took my breath away and to be honest, it still does sometimes. I love it. My kids love it too and going to the air show has been something that I have come to really enjoy and look forward to.

This year's show was one of the best I have been to in a long time. Other then the fact that there were a TON of people and it took way too long to get out of the parking lot, it couldn't have been a better day. The weather was perfect, my kids were amazingly good, and we just had a really great time...all for FREE!!!
The Thunderbirds...simply awesome!

Parachuters doing cool tricks.



Kylee plugging her ears when the planes were "too loud."


Rare pic of me and Curtis.
We don't get many of these anymore.

Tons of awesome planes doing awesome things with and awesome blue sky and gorgeous mountains as the backdrop. AWESOME!


Taking a ride in the cargo plane.


Getting ready for take off.


More cool planes.


Lots of walking.


And maybe a little too much fun.
I really had the best time. It makes me so proud to live in America and I know that freedom ISN'T free and that there are many people fighting to keep it that way. May the Lord bless them all.
(There are more pictures on my facebook page if you are interested.)

1 comment:

gunnarson said...

I cannot believe I haven't checked blogs in three months! I love you so much and feel bad for being so behind! You have the cutest family ever and you look great! I can't wait to see you soon!