The day of the race was supposed to be about 67, with no wind or rain. We were very excited about that, since it was on the beach and the wind can make the sand a deadly weapon. We woke up early and ate a good breakfast and headed down to the beach.
I know, I'm so graceful. I should have been a dancer, ha ha.
It started to rain just before the race started, and the wind did not really cooperate either. I don't think Tonya was very happy with the weather, but she did a GREAT job and never gave up.
Em kept her entertained and motivated.
For me, getting to this cone (half way) was EASY. The wind was at my back and the rain was just a drizzle so it wasn't bad at all. However, as soon as you ran around the cone to head back, the wind was now IN YOUR FACE and the rain started to come down harder and harder.
I finished the race - in my worst 5k time yet (34 min) and then headed back to meet up again with Tonya and Emilee.
Tonya had the loudest cheering section of any runner. She met her goal on both time and in participating in the race. I'm very proud of her. We have already made a sister pack to make the race a yearly tradition. I hope she will continue to work to improve her time and keep staying active. I love you sis and want you around for all my years!!
SO PROUD OF YOU TONYA!








No comments:
Post a Comment