Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Portland

 I love Oregon!  Last year just after my trip out there with my kids, my sister Tonya asked if Em and I would promise to come out again next year and run a 5k on the beach with her.  She wanted to get into shape and needed some extra support and motivation.  We both said HECK YES of course and the trip was planned.  Nothing better than a sister's get-a-way to the gorgeous Oregon Coast. 
We flew into Portland, visited Aunt Pam for lunch, and then took the scenic route to the Gorge, which was GORGEOUS.  We stopped at the Vista House and enjoyed the view.  Then we continued on to the falls and started hiking away.   



I love Multnomah.  The kids and I did this hike last year and it was even better this time around.  (Although I did miss my kids!!!)
My initials (I didn't do it)
The view from the top. 

We rewarded our hiking efforts with this GINORMOUS cookie from the bakery.  We almost thought about just keeping the cookie and taking pictures with it everywhere we went, but it was too delicious and we couldn't resist. 

After a full day of hiking and enjoying Portland, we headed off to Lincoln City to see our favorite Oregonian.  It helped that the view was AWESOME and that we rented a cute Jeep with an awesome Sirius radio system.  The 80's on 8 and 90's on 9 station made for some serious flash backs and fun road trip videos and memories. 

We were SO happy to see our sister! 

 Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Moriah said...

YOU WERE IN PORTLAND?!? You should have called me!! Sounds like you had a blast. I like it here but I miss the Utah sun!!

Amanda said...

Mo - I should have! I forgot until this second that were there. :( The Utah sun misses you and so do I!