Dottie: "It just got too hard." Jimmy: "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great."
Maybe an even better saying..."I never said it would be easy, I only that it would be worth it."
Lately in my life it seems like everything is extra hard. Being pregnant has a lot to do with it, as my body just won't let me do all that I need to. I wonder why on earth I ever got myself into so many stressful situations at the same time. Moving, working, trying to figure out taxes for the business, dealing with a stressed out/overworked husband, trying to keep up with a very active toddler, getting ready for 2 kids under the age of 2...just to name a few.
Trying to relax and keep my blood pressure down is even stressful. Needless to say I'm feeling very overwhelmed. Thanks to the great examples and reminders of friends and family I am quickly humbled. All these hard things are SO GREAT! A new house with much more space and better suited for our needs, a job that allows me to stay home with Kylee more, a business that provides for our needs, a husband who is willing to work so hard for the ones he loves (even though he is very short handed), a toddler who every day makes me laugh and shows me more love than I ever knew existed, and another sweet spirit on the way. Sure, the timing kind of stinks, but I'd rather have it all hit at once than not at all.
Now I challenge you to think of the hardest things in your life, and I bet you anything they'll also be some of the greatest blessings you have...even if you can't see how right now.

3 comments:
Wow! Your life IS super crazy right now, but look how good you are to recognize what is going on and how it will be worth it as well as some great memories you will have. Good luck. I think you are so amazing and doing great.
You are taking a lot at once! Just keep the frame of mind you had at the end of the post... better to have it all at once than not at all. You have much to be grateful for and Heavenly Father is there for you through it all! If you need anything let me know! I would still love to see you soon. I have some maternity clothes if you want them and would you want any boys clothes as Gavin grows out of them or anything that will be out of season for him to wear? Just let me know and let me know when we can see you! Love ya!
You know, it is hard. But, if it were easy would you appreciate it as much? Hang in there. This too shall pass!
Aunt Jean
Post a Comment