Have you ever had a plan totally laid out in your mind and felt really good about it and very confident that it was the right thing to do...and then have it all just completely fall apart or change?
As a lot of you know, we have been waiting for our condo in Eagle Mountain to be built for A LONG TIME! It was scheduled for June of last year, got bumped all the way to February of this year, then they said April, and now they are saying May or June. Needless to say with another baby on the way and the outrageous amount we are paying for rent right now, it has been VERY frustrating to wait for this place to be built. We found this adorable townhome for sell in West Point and thought, what the heck, let's look at it. We fell in love with the 2 car garage, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, and plenty of room for our little family. It's in a neighborhood we know and love and is VERY close to family and friends we've missed while living in the "south."
So we put an offer on it and got it. We move in the first of March. Because the housing market has dropped and the owners were trying hard for a fast sell, we actually got a really good deal on it. It was built in 2004 and other than needing some real good cleaning (because I have babies and am paranoid) it is in great condition. We have really loved living in Sandy. It is the perfect location for Curtis as he goes everywhere for work and it is very central. But there is nothing in this area in our price range that doesn't need more work then I'm willing to do. Eagle Mountain was exciting as it is all new and growing and lots of families down there, but I know it will be harder to get up and see family in Layton and I've not been able to find a doctor (or hospital) that I love (and I am VERY excited to be able to go back to my old doctor in Layton). Plus not having any babysitters near by can get very hard for parents, and now I'll have many! We'll also be able to get our baby boy's room put together before he comes and I can finally feel like I'm organized and not still living out of boxes and cramped spaces.
I personally think it's a little crazy that we have been waiting for the Eagle Mountain place for so long just to walk away when we are possibly so close to it being finished, but we really felt like this place was meant for us and it was the right thing to do. As you can tell, we're very excited about this move. We will loose the $500 deposit we made to secure our condo spot, but it's worth it to us to be closer to family and have a lot more space, and to be in a place NOW, and not who knows when. Here's a picture of the outside. It's actually A LOT like our old house in Clearfield, except for not right by the train tracks, or in a meth neighborhood, and we don't have to worry about taking care of the lawn or snow removal. :) I'm sure more pictures will come.

8 comments:
I'm so excited for you! Isn't it crazy how something can seem to take so long and then in a moments flash everything falls into place? Congrats on the new home!
That's awesome! I was a bit surprised to hear and sad that you'll be leaving Sandy, but I am so happy for you guys! And so happy that you'll be able to be nested before the baby comes.
Congrats! What a darling place. Its sounds like a perfect fit!
Looks great!!! I am so glad you found it. Now you can get settled before Cannon joins the family.
Boy, we sure have been missing the mark as far as the family goes! How are you guys!!! Moving to West Point... which street? Not to far from us guys.... Melisa and Kevin live in Syracuse... guess maybe you'll get stuck with more family around... nice to have you back in the area. Aunt Jean/Uncle Doug
DJCogdill@msn.com
Congrats... that is great news! It will be so nice for you to finally have a place to call your own. It's also very nice to live close to family. I don't know what I do without my family and all their help!
Congratulations. Probably the best part of all is being close to family and friends.
It's so cute! Congrats. How exciting.
Post a Comment