Sunday, May 10, 2009

Something out of Nothing

3 Things I am really sick of...
  1. Health Problems
  2. Health Insurance (or lack there of in my case, how stupid the whole system is...I could rant on and on about this)
  3. Medical bills

Sometimes I just want to run away, but then I realize I have no money and feel like crap...so I probably wouldn't get very far. ;-) So on a Friday night when you have no cash and just want to get out of the house, what are you going to do? We have visited all the nearby parks many a times lately and were running out of FREE ideas.



Finally we decided we would just drive up the canyon. I packed a little dinner (just sandwich's and chips and such) but honestly was not that excited. It's not like it's Fall and it would be really beautiful, and there really isn't much to do if you aren't camping or swimming or boating or something. But at least it would get us out of the house and somewhere we hadn't been in awhile. It ended up being a lot of fun.

We found a park up by Pineview that kick all the parks we've been to lately in the bum. It was so fun for the kids. They had the best toys. It was just a little too cold and I didn't pack jackets (what was I thinking...we were going up the canyon for heaven's sake). The kids still had a great time though.


Kylee's new favorite things are bars. Monkey bars, hanging bars, climbing bars.
She loves them all.

She loves to just hang there and swing back and forth.

Getting ready to go down a slide together.
So sweet.

Cannon loved the wood chips. I would find them in his mouth all the time.
I guess they are a good source of fiber, right? Stinker.

Kylee loves getting pushed in the swing. Especially by Daddy.

Having a great time.

Cannon just relaxing.

I got in on the action too.
We ate our dinner and then headed back home to get the kids in bed.
Even the drive home brought many beautiful things to see.


The beautiful waterfall up the canyon...



Skydivers parachuting out of a plane...

And lots of beautiful wild flowers covering the side of the road.

We also got stuck in traffic because there was an accident, which I just took the time to take a ton of pictures of random things and to just play with my camera. I love this pic I took of my reflection in the car mirror.

I learned that the old saying "life is what you make of it" is very true. Lately I've just been sitting around feeling sorry for myself...and then wonder why nothing fun ever happens to me or why it seems like everyone else is so happy when I'm so miserable. I think I finally realized it's not up to anyone else to make me happy. I've got to do it myself. And I may not have money, or my health, but I sure have wonderful family. It's really not that hard to make something out of nothing. The trick is...just getting off your butt and doing it. :)

2 comments:

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

What a fun day! Your camera takes fantastic pictures. Great photography work Mandy!! I love what you wrote in the end....it is so true. I get stuck in that same rut all of the time. Life is what you make it....great advise!! Loves.

Jean C. said...

That picture of you in the mirrow is great! Love the one of the waterfall too!
So... let's see... there is a park on 700 n... in Syracuse going West towards 4000 W.... not too far from Melisa/Kevin house. Also the duck park in Layton.
Fun thing to do for F.H.E. is do drive to a park, play, and then drive to another one! Probably a little more fun when the kids are a bit bigger... big enough to help get themselves in/out of their car seats! LoL....