Monday, August 17, 2009

Fun with McKay

We were lucky enough to have an extra kid come back with us from our trip to Idaho. McKay himself decided he would like to come back to Utah and spend some time with his uncle's Curtis and Corey as well as some of his cousins. I was really worried about how I would keep him entertained, but we found plenty of fun things to do and Kylee and Cannon LOVED having him around to play with, and I LOVED having him around to help keep my kids out of trouble.

Here are just some of the few things we did while he was here.

We went to the Layton Park and had a picnic.
Fed the ducks
McKay was a pro at feeding the ducks.
We went to the Hill Aerospace Museum
Kylee called it the "Airshow Museum"
since she remembered seeing the planes at the airshow.
There were lots of really neat planes to see.
McKay pretending like he was flying.
He's such a funny kid.
They had planes to see both inside and out.

This planes tires were almost bigger then the kids.
Then one day we took a hike up Adams Canyon
and also had a picnic up there.
We had SO much fun playing in the cold water of the waterfall.
Kylee talked about this for days. She was SUCH a good hiker. This will be something our family will do much more often I'm sure. The kids loved it.
We again had a picnic and just enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery.
We are definitely looking forward to doing more hiking.
If you know of any great spots, let me know. :)
We really enjoyed having McKay come stay with us.
Just after he had left, Kylee said, "I miss him already."

No comments: