Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another AWESOME Weekend

Friday night, my little brother Don suggested I bring my kids down to the Red Butte Gardens in Salt Lake. He has a membership there and could get us all in for free. (Regularly it is $6 a person, kids 3 and under are free.) It is one of the coolest places I have been to in awhile (I don't get out much though). It is GORGEOUS! Flowers and all kinds of plants everywhere. They have this kids garden with fountains and mazes and playhouses. It was a blast.

Cannon loved playing in the fountain and would have stayed there all day if I'd let him.
My kids absolutely loved looking at and smelling all the flowers.

That's what I call a flower bed.

Playing in the red sand box.

Feeding the fish and ducks.
I have many more pics, but couldn't possibly upload them all.
It was an awesome time though and I would highly recommend it.
Saturday morning we got up and decided since hiking up Adams Canyon was such a success we'd try another hike. I had heard a lot about Waterfall Canyon and thought we'd give it a try.
It was a nice hike and we really enjoyed it, but I wish we would have had more time. We took a wrong path and ended up away from the trail to the waterfall, but it was still a good hike and we still found a little pond for the kids to play in.
Em and Ky taking a rest by the pond.
My two reason's for living.
They were such good hikers again!

Em...the tree hugger.

The view. It was a really hot day and we had a little league football game to get to, so we'll have to save hiking to the waterfall for another day. :)
Then Saturday night we got to go on a MUCH NEEDED double date with some friends to see TOBY KEITH.
He was at Usana, which is always a fun time. By far my favorite place to go to a concert. I think he was drunk before he even came out on stage, and I have never seen so many drunk, red neck "white trash" all in one place before, but it was still a lot of fun and I am really thankful Curtis sacrificed to make it happen.
WHAT AN AWESOME WEEKEND!

2 comments:

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

What fun summer adventure ideas! I have never been to Red Butte Gardens...but now I really want to go! I am glad you had a great week! Love ya!!

Kaylynn said...

That looks like such a fun place. I think I need to go there!