Friday, March 19, 2010

You're My Girl

I will admit that sometimes I really see SO MUCH of myself reflected in Kylee. Most of the time it makes me so PROUD but sometimes it makes me sad because I want her to be so much MORE than I am, but then I realize she already is and she's only 3. I know I usually just post the random cute things my kids do on the side bar but this one was so precious I decided it deserved its own post.

Kylee is incredibly shy around strangers and has MAJOR separation anxiety, and recent events have just made it even worse. (I would love any advice about this any of you amazing parents out there might have.) After she gets to know people she will often come out of her shell and talk or "show off" as 3 year-old's like to do and I LOVE when others get to see her ADORABLE personality. And she doesn't ever forget things or people. She remembers things about people that she only met once or twice and talks about them all the time. She hates to be alone and thinks that playing with someone else is ALWAYS more fun. She craves attention ALL THE TIME. All these things are just like me, and it BREAKS MY HEART.

She won't sleep in her bed alone. I must lay with her every night until she falls asleep and then usually she wakes up and realizes she is alone and comes and gets into bed with me. I know I should probably work on this more, but the truth is I LOVE IT. I hate being all alone in my bed too and love that I have this sweet little person next to me. So lately we have just been by-passing the first step and she has been going to sleep in my bed. In fact, her bed has stayed made for some time now.

Last night she had already been asleep for a few hours when I came in and laid down next to her. I guess my arrival woke her up and she looked at me and said "hi mom, I'm glad you are coming to bed. You need your rest." It was such a grown up, sweet, concerned voice she had. It melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes. So I gave her a big hug and said "Oh Kylee I love you so much. I don't know what I would do without you." She kissed my cheek and said "I love you too mom. YOU'RE MY GIRL." (I say that to her all the time)

All my worries and sadness just floated away. I'm not as alone as I feel and who cares about anything else...I have the love of these two ANGELS and WOW is that AWESOME. I know as parents we are supposed to be the ones teaching and helping our kids, but I think my kids are way more help to me than I am to them and they definitely teach me more. They are amazing little spirits and are still so young. They deserve so much more than I can give them, yet they are incredibly happy with what they have and they seem to both make the best out of any situation. Like I said, they teach me so much and are such great examples to me. No doubt in my mind these kids were meant to be with me.

One of the best feelings in the world is knowing you are someone's girl.

2 comments:

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

What a sweet post! Kylee sounds like such a wonderful friend and support. Too cute!

Diane said...

You are such a good mom and your kids are lucky to have you as a mom!