Monday, February 20, 2012

2002 Winter Olympics


I LOVED THE 2002 WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES!!!



As we have been celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the games in SLC, I've realized that I have ABOSULETLY NOTHING to show for this amazing time of my life.  I didn't blog back then, or have a smart phone, and FB didn't exist, so all my pictures and videos were just on film and old fashioned video camera tape.  Sadly, all these pictures and videos are somewhere I am not able to access, and probably never will have access to again.  :(    I was longing to look through them last night, but will just have to steal pictures from the internet instead. 


All I have are the memories in my head.  So I want to capture these memories before I forget them.  I LOVED everything about the Olympics.  I LOVED the people from all around the world and the parties that were going on everywhere all the time.  I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the hockey.  I got the chance to go to the semifinal game and watched Team Canada (along with Yzerman, Shanahan, Lindros, Kariya, Joseph, and so many other awesome hockey players) kick some butt.  I got interviewed by a Canadian news channel.  That same team won the Gold Medal that year (beat poor team USA). 
We went to some medal ceremonies and got to hear the Goo Goo Dolls live.  (AWESOME) Downtown was amazing and I loved just being there.  My Grandparents were here from Idaho and they got to participate in the events and being the small town farmers they were, it was quite the experience for them.  (My grandpa died unexpectedly that August.) I got to experience all this with one of my MOST favorite people in the whole world.  It was a great time of my life.  I felt like that future was so full of hope and that the world was just an amazing, awesome place and I wish I could go back to that feeling all the time. 
Many memories I will always cherish and a time of my life I will always long for again.  I feel so blessed I got to be a part of something so amazing. 

No comments: