Saturday, October 13, 2012

Tough Mudder

About a year ago, I heard about this awesome race that was coming to Utah for the first time.  It's called Tough Mudder.  A couple of co-workers of mine decided they really wanted to do it, and me being the easily persuaded fool that I am, thought it sounded fun.  I love to have races and things to "train" for to keep me motivated to stay fit and in the best shape possible for my lame body.  So I figured a fun mud run would be no biggie.  Then I googled it and realized it was no ordinary fun run.  12 miles - 21 military style obstacles  (including Arctic Enema (ICE cold water), electric shock, Everest, tons of mud walls and other crazy shiz)- and a high of 52 made it a very tough race.  

Check out the race here:


But I like a challenge and I like hanging with these tough dudes.
It was definitely the hardest, coldest, toughest, but BEST race I have ever done.  

I am very proud to say I completed the course!!!

The next few days I was sore.  Not my muscles, just my body.  Every day I would find a new huge bruise.  I looked like I was in a horrible fight.  I counted them up and I had 18 all together.  I don't remember getting a single one of them (thank you adrenaline).  



You can't see it very well in this picture but my knee was huge and very bruised as well. 

It was worth every penny and every bruise.  I would get up to an obstacle my first instinct with almost every one was "I can't do this!"  I am so thankful for the amazing teammates who made me feel like I could do anything.  Knowing they had my back gave me much more strength then I would have had on my own.   

It made me think a lot about the gospel.  SO many times in my life I have forgotten that I have an amazing team (Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost) backing me up...and with them...I can do anything.  


It was a great experience and one I will treasure forever. 

I'm A TOUGH MUDDER!!! 

No comments: