Thursday, June 26, 2014

True Love


Don't let the fairy tales fool you.  True love doesn't mean romance and happiness and good things all the time.  It doesn't mean you get a long (or even like each other) all the time either.  True love isn't easy and doesn't just happen.  Like all the really good things in life it is hard and takes effort.  It is more than just words and takes an incredible amount of unselfishness.  

I've been undergoing a series of radiation shots to treat the brain AVM.  They are painful, make me nauseated, and make my head so sensitive I can't even lay on my pillow.  I have really tried my very best to endure this health crap the best I can and to not take my pain out on my family.  I don't always succeed at that, but they have loved me unconditionally through the whole thing.  They are incredible.  It is amazing the things you can do when you know you have people who truly love you by your side.  

I just had my 3rd (and hopefully final) shot this weekend and recovering from it has been brutal.  The first night was especially awful.  I sat on the couch with my head propped up hoping to get some rest but it was not happening.  My hair felt so heavy on my head and my head was so sore I just started bawling.  There was nothing more to do than cry. 

Then my hero came to the rescue.  He had worked a 12 hour shift that day and had another 12 hour shift a head of him early the next morning, but somehow he knew I needed him.  I'm not going to pretend for a second that our lives are perfect or that we don't struggle.  We have had our share of problems, but he is ALWAYS there when I need him most.  He held me and wiped my tears and then totally made me laugh.  He stayed up with me until the early hours of the morning, and went to work the next day.  He amazes me. 

I don't know what I would do without him.  I don't ever want to find out either.  

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH CURTIS DEE COSPER!!!

No comments: