Wednesday, August 13, 2014

More Summer Fun

Summer is going by WAY too fast.  I can't believe school is going to start in just 2 weeks.  :(  Both my kids will be in school all day...which is exciting and sad at the same time.  I am really so thankful for my two cute kids.

Even though summer is about over, we have really enjoyed every single second.  And honestly, I'm not even too sad about fall and winter coming around the corner because we have a ton of really awesome things in our future, and there are things about those seasons I love too!  (Hockey anyone?!?)  Life really is just about finding the joy in now...and we have a lot of joy to be thankful for.
Kylee and I had a girls day hitting all the outlets and malls we could.  We started in Park City and worked our way back home.  It was such a fun day.  I really love my Kylee.  It is so fun to watch her grow into her own person.  She has very specific tastes for herself.  She really loves being a "tomboy" and wearing hats and baggy shorts and converse shoes.  She makes me smile and I just love that she knows who she is and isn't afraid to be herself. 

We had a fun time with our shopping buddies.  
We seriously shopped til we dropped.  

Curtis is on nights right now so finding time together is even more difficult than normal.  It means so much to me when he sacrifices his precious sleep to do things with me.  And not only that, but that he is so fun even if he is so tired.  

We saw "Mary Poppins" at the Hale Center Theater and it was a great production and a wonderful night.  

This kid.....he seriously melts my heart.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to ever be sad around him.  
He always says the sweetest things to me and has the best manners and I just don't know what I ever did to deserve such a great little boy.  I took this picture after he told me that I make the "BEST TOAST IN THE WHOLE WORLD."  Yeah, I know, I've got mad skills.  It just proves what a sweet heart he is though.  He just appreciates everything, no matter how small, and it is so incredibly rewarding to be his mom.  
Another cute Cannon story...I was riding home in the carpool from work and he facetimed me on my phone.  I talked to him for a second and then he told me before he got off that he loved me so much and that I was the love of his life.  Of course everyone in the car heard the whole conversation and they all agreed that it doesn't get any sweeter than that.  Seriously love my kiddos.  

Kylee comes up with the craziest ideas sometimes.  I just love the way her mind works.  One day she just randomly decided she wanted to write her future self a book.  She had all kinds of cute things in this book but this page was my favorite.  If you can't read her handwriting it says:
"Kylee I just 
want you to 
know that 
your mom 
and dad are 
always right.  
But not 100% 
more like 
50%."

She is so dang smart!!!

I went golfing up in Logan with some friends and this was an incredibly frustrating coarse.  Lots and lots of hazards and you had to be right on target.  I won't lie...I swore a lot this day.  It was still way fun though.  

I am really enjoying all the golf I've played this summer.  


Golf is fun!

I was not going to put this picture on here but Kylee is sitting next to me while I write this post and she says it's too funny not to share.  One day we were just trying to stay cool and the kids were playing in the kiddie pool and I couldn't take the sweat coming down my back anymore...so I hoped in the pool.  As you can see, I fit perfectly.  Never mind the fact that the water totally overflowed when I got in or that the pool has to be in our front yard (we don't have access to a hose in the back yard) and never mind the fact that multiple cars drove by.  I'm sure my neighbors think I am a weirdo.  My kids thought it was hilarious though, so that's all that matters to me.  


We took a little road trip to Boise.  Curtis worked the whole night if you can't tell.  I really appreciate all he sacrifices for our family.  He is such a great guy and I am so blessed to have him in my life.  


This was me golfing one day.  
Hmmm...I wonder who my favorite team is?  
I'm really excited for the Hockey season to start.  Just 58 more days!!!  


Summer has been awesome and I have loved every second of it.  

No comments: