Friday, August 8, 2008

AMAZING!

Maybe I'm just a proud mom and this is completely normal for a 22 month old, but I really think Kylee is super smart. She just is SO observant and picks up on the most random things. I really have to watch what I do because chances are, she'll be mimicking it.


She can sing her ABC's, count to 10, sing many songs, and wants to pretty much do everything without help. Everyday she does something new that just amazes me. Today, while trying to get dressed for the day, I realized Kylee had been gone and quiet for awhile. Worried about what kind of mess was being made, I walked around the corner and found her painting her own toe nails. UH OH!

I had FOR SURE put the finger nail polish up high in the cabinet so Kylee couldn't get to it, but she had seen it and found a way to get it. As you probably know, fingernail polish does not come off of carpet or things that easily. Lucky for me, my daughter got out a towel from the drawer and painted her toes on it (which is what I do every time I use fingernail polish). This made me SO proud! :) There was NO mess at all. And she did a pretty dang good job too. Her toes actually looked really good and there wasn't any fingernail polish anywhere except her feet, not even any on the towel. That to me is simply AMAZING!

Here's a cute little video of it as well. Her favorite song right now is "Hey There Delilah" or what she calls "Oh Me" (The chorus says, "oh, it's what you do to me" which is her favorite part). It happened to be on too while I was filming, and you can hear her quietly sing it. So cute!

5 comments:

Keri said...

She's too cute! I cant beleive she did that! And with Madison I have been using gas drops. She lives on them!!!!

gunnarson said...

What a cutie! It's amazing how quickly they pick EVERYTHING up. Conner's favorite new saying is, "stop it." Oops... gotta be more careful what I say! How was the wedding/drive?

Lacey said...

I would say that's pretty amazing! She is too freaking cute. I can't believe she got a towel out and everything.

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!! She's definitely ahead of the game....very smart! She looks so much like you!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh Mandy that is so freakin' cute. I love it!!!!! Those shots are adorable and the video is awesome. She is too cute. How do you stand it. She learned well through example. Pretty scary how much they pick up on huh...good and bad. I'm sure you never do bad though!!
CUUUUUUUUTE!!