Friday, February 20, 2009

Some Good News

My ovary screens all came back
NEGATIVE
for cancer!!!
This is obviously great news and a huge relief. This is the one I was most concerned about since it's a tough one to fight, plus no one wants to have a hysterectomy at 29!

My Thyroid is still very concerning as the ultrasounds showed more then one mass and some nodules (I have no idea what that means), so they have me scheduled to come in and do a needle biopsy and we'll go from there. I'm not as concerned about this as I recently learned my Grandma, an Aunt, and an Uncle (all on my Dad's side) have had benign masses removed from their Thyroid. Also, Thyroid Cancer is very rare and one of the easiest Cancer's to treat, so I have no doubt that even if I have it, I'll kick it's butt.
Again I thank you all for all for your prayers and love.

8 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Mandy! I hadn't been on here for awhile, so had to get caught up to figure out what you were talking about. I'm so glad all the tests came back negative though! Hang in there--we'll definitely remember you in our prayers.
Jasmyn

Kaylynn said...

Such good news! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Lynch said...

I had no Idea what you have been going through...I'm such a bad friend. Anyway, I'm happy to hear your good news. Let me know for sure when we can come and visit and let me know what I can do for you!! Love you!!

Carly said...

Oh yay! I am so, so, so glad!! I can't stop thinking about you and have been waiting for you to post some news and I am thrilled that it is good news. !!!

Jill said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! xoxo

Amber Thompson said...

That's awesome Mandy! I think Congratulations is definitely in order!!

Keri said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!
I KNEW YOU'D COME OUT JUST FINE, CONGRATS! I'M GLAD THAT THINGS ARE FINE AND YOU'RE AT PEACE AGAIN! I'M SURE THE THYROID THING IS BENIGN AND AS YOUR PAST FAMILY MEMBERS! (can you tell I'm so excited and happy for you?)

whitney williams said...

Mandy!!! That;s such a relief!! I just read your blog today and now feel horrible for not calling you like I though I should a million times!! I really hate that I don't listen to those little thoughts that I'm suppose to call someone. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and we still need to have that girls day, so let me know when you have a free Saturday!