Some of you may be wondering where I've been and how come I haven't posted anything lately. Well I took a unexpected vacation and am still recovering. This is where I got to go. Doesn't it look luxurious? I got to spend 5 fun filled days being pampered and waited on hand and foot.
Where is this beautiful place?
Wednesday the 4th of February I started getting a ton of pain in my back. I was pretty sure it was a Kidney infection again and Thursday I went to see my doctor. She confirmed it was and gave me some antibiotics. By Friday night I was still in so much pain I couldn't stand it. That combined with a very high fever led us to take a "quick" trip to the ER. Little did I know there was a lot more going on then just a kidney infection. There were also kidney stones as well as e-coli. So I was admitted to stay and instead of using the money I have been saving to go somewhere fun, I will now be paying for a very expensive 5 day stay in the hospital. Oh well, at least I'm alive...I guess.
My arrival home was less then ideal as well. My sweet Kylee girl had the stomach flu (which she had already been fighting for a couple days) and just was miserable. I had missed my babies so much (they weren't allowed to come see me, that's how sick I was) that I had no problem just holding her all day, other then getting thrown up on quite a few times. By Friday she was STILL throwing up (going on day 4) and I was starting to get worried. So we headed to the Wee Care at 9:45 at night and had her blood drawn and things checked out just to be sure. She was fine and is now on the mend.
My cute friend JILL just did a post on her blog that I loved and need to follow her example. It seems to be much easier to point out the bad (especially when it seems to hit you all at once), but I would like to try and focus on the good instead.
1. We still had insurance (it ends the end of this month since I will no longer be working).
2. I was "out" in time for Valentine's Day.
3. I had SO much WONDERFUL help with my kids from my mom and sister. I'm lucky to be close to family.
4. I did get out of "housewife" duties for 5 days.
5. I didn't have to cook for 3 nights after I got home (thanks Relief Society Sisters).
6. I got some beautiful flowers from my work.
7. Kylee is HEALTHY.
8. I think I had some of the best nurses I've ever had taking care of me.
9. I appreciate my health more.
10. I got a lot of well wishes from family and friends and felt very loved.
I am still on antibiotics and pain killers, but can tell I'm getting a little better each day.
Hooray for feeling better!!!
I can't wait for Spring. I think I'm also suffering from S.A.D.D. as I am ready for some warmth and sunshine and just can't seem to get motivated to do anything these days.
Here's hoping the rest of you out there are doing better then me! :)


3 comments:
Oh, Mandy, I am sooo sorry! How awful! I had no idea. Moriah and I were talking about you yesterday, wondering if you had already quit because she hadn't seen you at all last week. Now I know why!
I'm glad you are Kylee are feeling better. Let me know if there is anything I can do!
Mandy, I am so sorry to hear of such a hard week for you. Sounds pretty crappy, and you have the right to be frustrated, but I love that you chose to look at the positives from it all. Doesn't that make you feel better in and of itself. You're so awesome! Love ya.
When you mentioned the back pain I immediately thought of my kidney stones and thought no .. you wouldn't have kidney stones. But wow... life isn't fair.
Glad to hear you're on the mend. I didn't know you'd be quitting soon. I'm sure that you will be missed by many.
Good luck to you in all that you do. Keep the blog updates coming! :)
Post a Comment