For family night last night we had our lesson about Easter. I have to say I sometimes feel like the lessons are just words and don't ever really sink in for either of my kids and they are too young and I'm just wasting my time, but I assure you all...they are listening. The first thing I did was show the picture of Jesus showing himself to Mary and Kylee said, "that's Jesus. He loves me and he loves Cannon. Cannon, Jesus loves you." Which totally made me smile and my heart melt. Then I went on to tell her how he died for us and she got real sad and said, "he died?" So sweet. Then I told her about the resurrection and tried to explain as plainly as possible the events that happened. She seemed to really get it.
After our lesson we colored a picture of the Savior at the tomb and then sang a song. Then I remembered the Easter bags I had bought from the craft store a long time ago FOR ONLY $1 that needed to be assembled. Kylee LOVES the foam stickers and doing crafts, so I decided to add that to the end of family night. I didn't get any pictures during because when it's just you and 2 kids, you run out of hands for a camera as well. But here are some pictures of the finished products.

1 comment:
I love when kids know who Jesus is! SO CUTE!
Post a Comment