Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lovely Labor Day

I have to start out with a HUGE shout out for my sweet hubby. He was such a trooper this weekend. He worked hard taking care of the kids and helping me get the rest and attention I needed. I woke up Saturday feeling like a million bucks for the first time in a long time. We both got our house in order and did some major cleaning and rearranging and organizing. Things are so much easier when you have HELP! He had to work Sunday night but still managed to come out and play with us on Labor Day...even though he only had about 3 hours sleep.
I LOVE YOU BABE!!!

My family all wanted to go on a picnic up the canyon for Labor Day and debated where we should go. When I was younger, we lived in Provo and used to go to Bridal Veil Falls all the time. I suggested it would be fun to go there again, since we hadn't been in so long. The idea was a hit and we headed down to Provo.

It was a little sad to see that the falls weren't as awesome as they used to be. I think since the avalanche a few years ago, it just hasn't ever really recovered. Of course it wasn't the same without the tram, which I guess is in the works to be rebuilt, but the hiking trails were HORRIBLE and you could just tell it hasn't been kept as well as it should be. :( It was still beautiful and my kids loved it.

Kylee wouldn't stop looking at the falls.
She was so excited to go climb up the mountain.

This picture is awesome because no one was really ready for it...except for me of course. :)

This one is a little better.


What a bunch of cute bums.
We found a nice shady place and had a picnic.


Cannon and Kylee both had a great time eating yummy food and playing in the dirt (and probably eating some dirt too, knowing Cannon).


At one point Kylee was so dirty she literally created little dust clouds as she walked.

Grandpa was such a good sport and followed Cannon around every where. That kids loves to explore.


Em and Jon getting ready to hike up to the falls.


WE MADE IT!
Kylee was AMAZING!
(Luckily Cannon stayed behind this time)
Us at the falls.

We had such a great day. It was perfect weather and fun to be outdoors and with the people we love most. My kids were so great all day and exhausted by the time we got home.
Just a PERFECT Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Xander Man said...

Ahhh I love hikes! Cute pics. Looks like a super fun Labor day...mine consisted of being LAZY:) I haven't been to that place forever..Utah is so pretty. I miss it sometimes..LOL.