Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sunny St. George

Spur of the moment weekend get-a-ways seem to always work out to be the best little vacations. Last weekend my kids, Em, and I headed down to St. George to get out of these depressing spring snow showers and soak up the sun. It was just a quick trip, but such a fun one.

My Aunt Darla and her family were down there as well as my cute cousin Taylor is a senior at Tuacahn High School and was starring in their production of "Once on This Island." It was so fun to be able to see him perform on that awesome amphitheatre stage and hear his amazing voice echo through the canyon.

This is us during intermission. It got just a little chilly after the sun went down, but not too bad.
Saturday was actually Cannon's second birthday so we partied it up in the sun. I'll post more of those pictures in his birthday post.

Look how cute my little guy is.
He makes me so happy.


And so does his big sister.
They were both such good kids the whole time.
I was very proud of them both.

We went to a city park my friend told us about that has this cute little river for the kids to play in. There are rocks and waterfalls and the kids really loved it.
They had their swim suits on under their clothes and before long they were having the best time.
There was also a fountain they could play in.
It was a little too exciting for my kids but Cooper sure had a good time running through it.

This is my cute Grandma with all us grand kids (and great-grand kids) that were there.
I really love her so much.

Such a great picture for the scrapbook.


There is a fun little "drug store" (more like a candy store) that the kids went to and got some old time sodas and candies from.


Here's Taylor taking his bow (we weren't allowed to take photos DURING the play, so I just snapped a few AFTER).
I was really thankful for my dear friend who lives in St. George who was willing to watch Cannon for me while we went to the play. It sure made the night much more enjoyable not to have to run around after him and try to keep him entertained.

Kylee was so cute. She actually really enjoys going to plays and really liked this one, but just got too tired. At one point she turned to me and said "mom, I really like this play but I am REALLY tired." That was the last I heard from her and she slept the rest of the time and all the way home. Taylor did so good and it was a really neat play.

We did lots of shopping at the outlets and this is a place at the outlet mall called Mongolian BBQ. It was SO yummy and the people working there were so cute to my kids. They made them all kinds of origami and gave them these special chop sticks that made them easy for them to use.
Both Kylee and Cannon thought it was the neatest thing to use the chop sticks.
They both really ate well too.
It was really yummy so it wasn't hard to get them to eat it.

We pretty much spent the rest of the weekend just soaking up the sun and SWIMMING!

My kids had the best time. We swam...
and swam....
and swam...

and swam some more.
Then we spent lots of energy jumping on the hotel beds.
and just having a great time.
It was a much needed rest from the real world and time spent together.
I love my kids so much and am so thankful I got to make so many fun memories with them this weekend.
On the way home I looked back and saw this picture and it melted my heart.
They really are the sweetest kids.


This is Kylee showing off her new shirt. She picked it out, I swear.

A big thanks to my cute little sister who is my very best friend. Thanks Em for coming with us, letting us take your fun, nice car, and for all you do for me and my kids. You made the trip so much more fun.

The trip was a big success and such a fun time. We have a few more fun things planned for the summer and my break from school, but this was a great way to start it all off.

This is what Ky thought of the trip. :)

1 comment:

The Tolman's said...

What a FUN trip! I am so glad that you were able to get away for a little bit and that the trip was so great! {heart} Ro