Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Are you ready for some...SOCCER?!?

Kylee and Cannon are part of the BLUE DRAGONS this year.  I was a little hesitant to sign them up for Fall soccer because Kylee is so gosh darn shy and Cannon is only 3 and has a very short attention span.  I went into the city offices with the intent of just signing Kylee up since Cannon wasn't old enough to play yet, but the lady took one look at Cannon and after talking to him assured me he would do great. 

I was even more worried that I had wasted my money on this soccer sport - especially after the following conversation with Cannon.

Me: "Cannon, what did you do at soccer practise today?"
Cannon: "I picked my nose. And then my soccer coach said, Cannon, stop picking your nose."

I'm really glad they both are able to play and on the same team.  Cannon really misses Kylee when she is in school and loves that he gets to be on his sister's soccer team.  I will admit I don't know much about soccer and wasn't expecting much from my little babes and their tiny teammates, but I was extremely proud tonight as I watched my little kiddos play there little hearts out. 



Kylee had a great shot on goal - even if it was right at the goalie.  Hopefully you will click on this picture and make it bigger and check out the goalies face.  It's priceless.  (Yes that is her COACH on her phone during the game.  I am not impressed by her at all)

Cannon always amazes me.

And I am so thankful that even though Kylee has my long legs, she is not as clumsy or uncoordinated as I am.  She is really talented when she isn't being shy. 

On the bench together. 

Making a new friend - Cameron. 

Cannon getting a high five after the game.  I'm not sure if I just got him blinking or if he is flinching - I mean, look at the size of #12!  I am sure he has to be over 5 years old. 

Cannon said to me "I love Soccer, mom!  You get treats!"

According to Kylee - the proper way to eat a fruit roll-up is to wad the whole thing up into a ball and eat it all at once.  She cracks me up. 

My kids always have a sweet cheering section with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Em.  I'm glad they come and support them.  It means a lot to us all. 

I'm so proud of my kids and love these moments.  Even if everything else in my life seems hard - moments like these make them worth it!!!

I'm so excited for more games! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about effing time you updated your blog girl! Freak them kids of yours are cute! I love the pics you got. And only YOU would wear a hockey shirt to a soccer game. Lookin' hot as usual. I've got a date waiting for you whenever you feel like dating again. It's your call. ;) You're hott mama!

-Liv

Amanda said...

Watch your language - GOSH! ;) I'm always ready for a date with you. It will just have to be a Friday night and you have to give me more than a few minutes notice so I can get a sitter. I know that is hard for you to plan that far ahead and make that kind of committment.