Friday, September 16, 2011

Mary Poppins

To start off Kylee's birthday celebration I took her on a mommy daughter date.  We went and ate dinner at Olive Garden (her favorite place) and then went and saw Mary Poppins at Capitol Theater.  It was the first time either of us had seen a play there (I once saw Ballet West there).  Mary Poppins is one of Kylee's all time favorite movies.  She can sing all the songs, so we were very excited to see the musical. 

We got dressed up and tried to strike a few poses for the camera. I can set the camera on the piano, set the timer, and get a pretty good picture.  That is why so many of our pictures are in front of this wall.  :)   

Kylee is getting really into "posing" for the camera. 
She cracks me up!

Then we headed downtown. 
(The rest of the pictures were just done on my phone so they aren't that great)

Kylee was so darn cute the whole night. 
I am not kidding - at least 7 different people told me how cute they thought she was and just made me so proud. 

Everything made her so excited.  When the lady handed her the program you would have thought she had just made her dreams come true or something.  She thought it was so special and neat. 



She was glued once the show started and she just watched in amazement. The play didn't even start until 8 (which is Kylee's bedtime) so it was a very late night.  She was out before we even left the parking garage, still clinging on to her program. 

 It was really magical and I will cherish the memories we made that night forever. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm commenting on like every single post and I already know you know this but I just have to say you are such a great mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you.

Amanda said...

Oh Liv! I'm so glad you comment on every post. If you didn't read this blog, I'm pretty sure no one else even would. I love your comments - they always make my day. And I love you. I'm the lucky one. My kids are just awesome.