Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kylee's Party

I decided long ago I wouldn't do friends birthday parties until my kids were old enough to really care or ask for one.  Until that time, we just spend as much time together as a family celebrating that person.  So far, my kids haven't seemed to mind.  They get to pick what we do, what we eat, what their cake looks like, and the whole day is all about them. 

Kylee wanted to go to Lagoon and have a party at Grandma's. 
About a week ago Kylee came to me and we had a conversation that went something like this:

Ky: "Mom, I definitely want a Barbie cake for my birthday this year."
Me: "Ok!  Next time we're at Macey's we'll look and see what they got"
Ky: "No, I want a Barbie cake where the cake is the Barbie's dress and there is a real Barbie in the cake that you can play with." (She must have seen one somewhere, because I don't know how she knew they existed)
Me: "I'm sure they will make us one like that"
Ky: "No mom, I want YOU to make it for me."
Me: "Oh Kylee, mommy is not very good at things like that."
Ky: "Yes you are mom.  You can do ANYTHING! I'll help you."

Who can possibly say no to that?

So after finding some very helpful videos and tutorials online, we set off to make a cake for Kylee's birthday. 

She decided she really wanted the cake to be pink, so a strawberry cake is what we made. 

She was a very good helper.


Cannon was excellent too - especially when it came to licking the bowl. 
Much to my surprise - the cake turned out GREAT!  It was so dang cute and delicious too. 
Kylee was so happy with it and she helped me every step of the way. 
It will be something I will remember forever! 


Kylee's other birthday wish was a sleepover at Aunt Em's.  She loves her Aunt so much.  They have been BFF's since the day she was born. 

Kylee got lots of great gifts and was super excited after she opened each and every one.  (Can you tell?) 

Her exact words were "holy smoky guacamole!"

We had to improvise with the lighted candles - and Kylee thought it was funny that we lit the Barbie's bum on fire. 


We had a very fun party at Grandma's.  Kylee is very lucky to have wonderful Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins who love her. 

What a fun day. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cake is awesome Mand! Way to go supermom!

-Liv