Saturday, July 7, 2012

Last Day in OR

Our last full day in Oregon was the reason we all went out there in the first place.  It was time to run the Ocean's Edge 5k.  I was so proud of so many of my family members who agreed to run in this race this year.  Normally, my family aren't really in to running that much. 
Cody was first to cross the finish line and Bailey was just seconds behind him.  I finished in my best 5k time ever (just over 26 minutes).  It was a gorgeous day (unlike last year) and an incredibly fun run.  

I was especially proud of my nearly 60-year-old dad.  He is awesome and finished in a great time. 
Don and Amberlee pushed themselves to do the race even though they were not very excited about it.  They did awesome and I hope they know how proud I am of them for trying something hard that they normally wouldn't do. 

Em and I were showing off our donkey kicks after the race.  The lady behind us thought we were crazy. 

We pretty much just spent the rest of the day enjoying the beach and each other. 







Don and Amberlee flew their kites like pros.
Don's string broke on his kite and he had to run after it.  He has lost so much weight lately that his pants are getting too big for him.  It was fun to watch him run after his kite while trying to keep his pants from falling down. 


Although we miss the McCuen's when they are not around, we are thankful they live in a beautiful place that we can go visit.  One of my very best friends is moving to Portland (I'm jealous), so it will just give me more reasons to go out and visit now! 

No comments: