Monday, July 2, 2012

Road Trip 2012

We started our trek to the coast with a stop in good old Weiser to see Grandma Eisenbarth.  We enjoyed a yummy breakfast and a great visit.  I got a little emotional...because the last time I drove to Oregon was right before my Grandpa Eisenbarth passed away.  My friend and I were on our way back from an incredible road trip to OR, WA, and Vancouver, Canada.  I got a speeding ticket trying to get to Boise to see him in the hospital on our way home.  Luckily we made it in time to see him before he passed, and I'm not sure why this was all I could think of while I was sitting with my Grandma.  
Grandma is doing great and we were so happy we could visit with her. 
The drive to the coast from Weiser is LONG (especially when you are caravan-ing with 2 other cars all with kids (and adults) who have to pee and want to make many stops a long the way).  It is also BEAUTIFUL!  I drove most of the way and there was one point where I was the only one in the car awake, singing to my music and enjoying the beautiful scenery. 
We were VERY excited to get out of the car for a quick stop near Portland at Multnomah Falls.  Even though I have been there multiple times, it never gets old.  I love those falls.  We wanted to do the hike to the top, but they recently had a land slide and the trail was under repair, so you weren't allowed.  :( 
We still LOVED the view.  

We FINALLY arrived in Lincoln City and we were so excited to check into rental beach house. 
It was OLD SCHOOL, but SO FUN! 

We called this the "party room".  :)  

Tonya had dinner ready and waiting for us.  She made these INCREDIBLY cute "crabs" out of croissants and had crab salad or chicken salad to stuff inside of them.  Then she made chicken noodle soup and crab chowder.  It was awesome. 

This was the view out our front door!  We were right on the beach.  It was awesome. 
Let the EISENBARTH FAMILY VACATION BEGIN. 

1 comment:

Diane said...

Looks like a fun family vacation!