Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Second Job

So....last July my dear friend Sarah told me about this "boot camp" fitness class she was taking from a friend of hers who was a personal trainer.  I was getting really sick of running (and so were my knees) and decided it would be a fun way to spend some time with her as well as help me get into shape.  Little did I know it would change my life forever.  Meeting Jenn was one of the best things that has happened to me in a long time.  She is not only an amazing personal trainer but a great person.  She has quickly become my friend. 

Thanks to her awesome training I lost 6% of my body fat the first session (8 weeks).  I am feeling super healthy and strong for the first time since I had kids and all my lame-o health problems.  

But that was only the beginning.  She opened her own indoor cycle studio and introduced me to the world of spinning.  I became quickly hooked.  I love cardio.  I need cardio.  I'm getting too old to have running my only source of cardio activity.  My joints HATE running.  Cycling, however, my body seems to love.  My joints don't hurt at all and I leave each spin class feeling like I got my butt KICKED.  Between cycling and boot camp I have lost over 12% of my body fat and reached my fitness goal in less than a year.  I feel the best I have my whole life.  No joke.  

The more I cycled the more I loved it.  She approached me one day about becoming an instructor.  If you know me...I HATE being in front of people.  I'm too much of a dork.  I talk weird and my brain doesn't work and I'm just too self conscience to put myself out there like that.  The more we talked about it though, the more I knew I wanted to try it.  It was time I face some of my fears and overcome some of my weaknesses.  So I DID IT!!!  I got certified and am now teaching at Kinetic Fitness Cycle in Layton.  Check out their page!!!  If you are ever in Layton and want to ride I will hook you up.  It is such a great way to get into shape.  I would love to see you there.  

COME RIDE WITH ME!!!

No comments: