Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Point Half

I like to have a race in the works to keep me motivated to stay active.  It's sad...but unless I have something to look forward to and someone to do it with me, I'm not very good at maintaining my exercise routines.  I was really happy when Curtis said he would do the Thanksgiving Point Half Marathon again with me this year.  We did it last year and it is just such a gorgeous run and a very well organized and challenging run (the hills will kill ya).  Emilee and Tucker said they would do it with us and that made me even more excited.  The furthest either of them had ever ran before was a 5k, so this was exciting and a record setter for sure.

Sadly before the race Curtis's schedule at work changed and he was unable to run the race with me.  Since we had already paid for him I talked my athletic nephew Bailey into suffering with me.  He hadn't trained at all and I'm pretty sure he felt like quitting about half way through but I made him stay with me and he was awesome.  I finished in my BEST TIME YET, taking 20 minutes off my time from last year.

It was a beautiful day and a beautiful run.  

No comments: