Friday, December 12, 2014

Hanging Ten

I have always wanted to surf and there was no way I was going to be in Hawaii and not surf.  I really didn't want to surf alone but Curtis had no desire to try it out.  When my buddy Scott heard they would give me a discount on the price of lessons if he came along too, he agreed to come try out surfing with me.  He is such a great friend to me.  I am so lucky to know him!!!


We were getting all kinds of instructions.  My toe is still very sore and this actually hurt pretty badly.  I wasn't going to let that stop me though.  I was going to surf my butt off.  

Piece of cake...on dry land.  ;)  

Here we go!!!



Scott is very athletic and pretty much is good at everything he does.  
I kinda hate him a little for that.  ;)  
He was up and looking like a pro in no time.  


I was a lot less graceful, but did get up and was able to catch a few waves in.  

The guy behind me seems to like the view.  

I also had a few falls as well that our photographer so awesomely captured.  

I'm going down.  :) 
Look at that smile on my face.  Even falling was a blast. 


One of us was tired...one of us wanted to keep going.  
I'll let you decide.  
It really was hard work though.

Scott's face cracks me up in this picture.  He was worn out but such a great sport and he did a great job.  It was so much more fun to have him out in the water with me.  

Our instructor Bruce was amazing and a lot of fun.  He did a great job helping me get up and not making me feel stupid when I would fall.  It was a dream come true and honestly one of my favorite moments the whole trip.  I will definitely be surfing again in the future.  

No comments: