Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hilo

We woke up in Hilo and it was again raining which meant more rainbows.  Our excursion for that day was kayaking to waterfalls and I was very excited about it.  
I didn't get a single picture of us kayaking but man was it an adventure.  We went at high tide and the waves were incredibly big.  There was an 80 year-old couple with us and they ended up tipping over and needing help.  It was a little scary.  We ended up never making it to the waterfall but it was still a great adventure.  Riding the waves in the kayak was a lot of fun.  

That night I started getting horrible pains in my back and I knew right away what that meant.  I had a kidney stone.  :(  I hate my freaking kidneys.  Curtis was SO good to me.  He helped me through the pain and made me laugh even when I felt horrible.  I love him so much and am so glad he is mine.  

It seemed like everything was against us and all our plans were being ruined, but we laughed and enjoyed every minute anyway.  

The sunset that night was amazing (they all were).  I didn't miss a single sunrise or sunset the whole trip.  It was incredible.  

I really enjoyed Hilo, even with a kidney stone.  

No comments: