I didn't know what to expect in Kona. I honestly hadn't even heard of Kona before. It ended up being my FAVORITE place for sure!!! It was the best day full of amazing things and tons of fun.
We didn't see many signs of Christmas while we were in Hawaii. There would be the occasional decoration (like the tree behind us) and a few places played Christmas music but it didn't feel festive at all. It was really strange to come home and only have a few days until Christmas.
Curtis loves to fish. He was admiring this big fish. I think an Alaskan cruise may be in our near future.
It was another gorgeous day on the Big Island.
Kona's beauty surprised me and finally I felt like I was getting the vacation I expected. We took a Captain Zodiac boat adventure and it was FANTASTIC. The speed of the boat was thrilling and the wild life we saw on the way to the snorkel spot was UNREAL. We saw a TON of dolphins...so close, swimming right under our boat and beside it. They would come jump out of the water and it was like Sea World, but ten times better. The first group we saw were small spinner dolphins. They were awesome and playful and I was in heaven. Then a little further down we saw a bunch of bottlenose dolphins. Much bigger and a little less playful but still incredible. Then my friend Scott spotted a humpback whale and just as we got close to it the amazing animal BREACHED right out of the water. He came out, did a little flip, and then his gigantic tail splashed the water. It was INCREDIBLE!!! Like something you see in the movies...not in real life. Truly awesome.
When we got to the snorkel spot it was the coolest snorkeling I have ever done. So many gorgeous fish everywhere. It was awesome. It was most definitely my favorite day. That night we hung out on the ship and played Name that Tune with a very amazing piano player in the Pink Bar. It was funny and I was awesome at the game and it turned out to be a day I will remember for always.
It was PERFECTION!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment