Tuesday, May 5, 2015

New York - Day 1

As long as I can remember I have had two places at the top of my travel wish list.  They have been Hawaii and New York.  I finally made Hawaii happen last year (amazing) but was really struggling getting to NY.  When my boss came to me one day and told me there was a training in NYC he thought I might like, I had to do all I could to not hug him.  I was going to get to New York...even if it was for training. Then something even cooler happened.  I found out my PD and other people in my area were also going to be in NYC for a different training the exact same days.  It was perfect!!! 

Curtis was coming on the red eye since it was so much cheaper and worked better for his work schedule, so I was really happy when Scott and Janina were able to get on the same flight as me.  I was worried about going to the big city all alone and doing anything with these two is non-stop fun.

This isn't the best quality pic but it was my first official taxi cab ride.  


This was our hotel.  It was right by Times Square and just a few blocks from Central Park.  It's the tallest hotel in NY.  It was beautiful and a little scary.  

My view from my room.  24 floors up is all.  

We took the Staten Island Ferry and watched the sun set.  It was beautiful!


I loved seeing this in person.  We didn't take the time to visit the island, just rode the ferry by it, but it was incredible and a dream come true for sure.  

Our way back we hit the 9-11 memorial real quick.  It was closing so we had to be quick but it was amazing to see it at night.  



Truly awesome to see just how big the buildings were and see just how many names were on the memorial.  It's hard to comprehend or even imagine what it was like that day.  

The new freedom towers are breath taking.  

I am so grateful for those who risk their lives to keep others safe.  

We walked around time square some more that night and had a blast. 


It was a great first day.  I couldn't believe I was there.  

No comments: