Friday, May 1, 2015

12 Years

Sometimes I think back to when I was young and I marvel at how different my life has turned out then I thought it would.  I thought I knew at 12 who I was going to marry and how many kids I was going to have and exactly what my life would be like.  I was very wrong about all of it.  

I often joke with Curtis that if someone would have told me I was going to marry him in our teenage years it would have probably made me cry.  I love that Curtis and I grew up together and have known each other for so long.  I love that our love story has lots of drama and unexpected twists and maybe even a little controversy.  I love that I can think of my most favorite memories and moments in life and that he was a part of a lot of them, or that he knows about them and appreciates that they made me who I am.  
I love that we have been close to giving up but never did.  
I love that we have had some extremely hard times, and that we both know how to really appreciate the good times.  
I love that he loves me for me.  The good and the bad.  
And I love him just the way he is.  

I love that he is such a great dad.
I love that he helps me accomplish my dreams.
I love that he is so fun to be around.  
I love that he is so mechanically minded and can fix anything.  
I love that he is so freaking handsome and makes me proud to be his wife.  
I love that he kisses me everyday before he goes to work.  Even if I'm dead asleep, he lays one on me.  I love that he loves to do things with me but lets me do my own thing when he can't be there or if it's not something he wants to do.  
I love that he wants me to be happy.  

I love all our memories...the good and the bad.  
I wouldn't change a thing about our lives.  



He is my best friend and I can't wait to spend another 12 years together.  

No comments: