Wednesday, May 6, 2015

New York - Day 2

The next morning I got up and headed to training.  When it was done I was able to meet up with all my favorite people.  Curtis had flown in on the red eye and even though he hadn't slept much, he was ready and excited to party.  


We were just walking down the street when we were approached by an intern for the David Letterman show.  She told us if we answered some trivia questions correctly we could have tickets to the taping of the next show.  

Honestly I hadn't watched him in a long time...I'm more of a Fallon kinda girl, but I have watched him enough throughout my life to know the answers to the questions she asked.  Since he was retiring soon it was a pretty neat thing to get to go to one of his last shows.  

It's the first time I've ever been to the taping of a show.  It was really neat to see how everything works and to see so many people I had seen on my TV in person.  It was a great show and David came out and talked to the audience before and after.  It was a lot of fun.  
We walked around a lot and it was so cool to see so many buildings I had seen on tv shows and movies in real life.  Rockefeller Center was a lot smaller than I thought.  It was still fun to see.  

We walked around Time Square a lot since it was so close to our hotel. 

I've never seen phantom in the theater.  I know all the music and have known it most my life.  The movie was the first time I was introduced to the story.  Seeing it on Broadway was INCREDIBLE!!!! 

The talent of the cast and the way they transformed that stage into the scenes was amazing.  It was a very cool experience.  

Another fantastic day in the Big Apple.  


No comments: