It's been funny because every day I have had something happen that has made me sure of what I should write about that day. Today was no different. I am SO thankful for
THE TRUTH.
I didn't have to work today so I was home as usual with the kids when a knock came at the door. Being the HOA treasurer and with all the packages Curtis gets for work, this was not uncommon. I was still surprised when I opened the door and saw 2 older ladies standing there, dressed in dresses and holding a pamphlet. They immediately told me they were here to share a very important message of truth and could probably answer a lot of questions I might have about life. I immediately started to laugh a little in my mind because I knew from their pamphlet that they were Jehovah's Witnesses. My thoughts turned to my Grandma and her recent mission and how these women were probably some one's Grandma, so I didn't just turn them away. I let them talk for a minute and their message was one of hope and there was actually a lot of truth to it. So I politely smiled at them and told them that I already knew a lot of the things they had told me (That God really cares about us, that war and suffering will end, that there is hope for the dead, etc). I told them that I already believed a lot of what they said was true and that I belong to a church that believed very much the same thing. That the only real difference was that we believed there was modern day revelation and that God actually STILL speaks to us and that the Book Of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ that was written by MODERN DAY prophets FOR OUR TIME. I told them I had a copy they could have to take with them (thank you Curtis and the days of his mission). They both just starred at me and then the one woman finally said, no thank you but if you have any questions about the pamphlet feel free to call the number on the back, to which I went and grabbed a pass along card out of my scriptures and gave it to them and said if they had any questions or were interested in finding MORE TRUTH there was information on the back of there.
How about that? A missionary experience at my own front door. They literally came to me! :) I honestly have NEVER done anything like that before and couldn't believe how easy the words came to me and how easy it was to share what I believed, and even though they would probably throw the card away, how happy it made me feel to give it to them.
I can't help but get caught up with all the protesting that has been going on lately and the sadness of the world. I actually read a comment on one of the new stories that said something like "I don't know how anyone can believe the crap that the mormon church feeds us." to which I immedietly think, I don't know how anyone DOESN'T believe it. And I might be naive, but I think there are MANY people out there who DO, but just have a hard time living the commandments or who Satan has convinced them they aren't good enough or that there is just no hope. He is SO cunning and sneaky. He knows just how to discourage and tempt us. :(
Sadly, I have made A LOT of mistakes in my life and although I know with all my heart the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, I have NOT always lived the way I should and have made choices that have kept me from many blessings and caused unnecessary pain to me and others, but I have never once questioned whether it was true.
Which brings me to one more thing I am SO THANKFUL for...
THE ATONEMENT
There is really no point to living without it. It is the true source of HOPE. I hate to think about what the Savior had to suffer for MY sins, because I know there are many, but I am SO THANKFUL he did. It is amazing to know someone loves us THAT much! It is never too late for anyone. HE loves us ALL and only wants us to be happy.
Just my thoughts, testimony, and love I share with you this day.

7 comments:
I agree with you 100%. I honestly can't understand how people who don't have the truth get up everyday and live thinking this is all there is to life. If it were not for the knowledge of the Savior, I would be among the sad and downtrodden of life. Thanks for posting this.
I just want to say AMEN!!! Very good post. I have to say I kind of giggled about your missionary experience. Makes ya wonder what their thoughts were when they left. Your such a quick thinker to grab a pass along card. Way to go.
Thanks for sharing your experience and being such a good example of missionary work. Thanks for the post!!!
You are awesome!!! Good work. You are my hero!. I love this post and too am SO grateful for the Book of Mormon.
Thank you for sharing that...I have felt a strong surge in my testimony lately. I have been reading and hearing on the news how some people are leaving the church because of it's stand on gay marriage, and it makes me sad. The "sifting of the wheat from the tares" is starting and we really need to hold on to our testimonies and not be ashamed or afraid to share. so thank you again for sharing yours!
I LOVE it, I don't think I would've thought to get a pass-along card. Maybe I should stock up on some and put them in my front room. Good thinking.....And I love your post!
Thats awesome!! I don't think I would have the guts to do that, so, Well Done!!! That is very cool!
That is so awesome Mandy!!!! I never had missionary experiences in Utah, but here I have them all the time. I have been so intimidated to share anything, but now I'm so excited about it I've talked to so many of my friends...how can I hold back something so amazing. Everyone deserves to hear the truth!! Way to go!! Thanks for your beautiful testimony too. You are fabulous.
Post a Comment