Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Thankful

After talking with a friend about the drama she is having with some of her siblings, I have realized that I am EXTREMELY thankful for...



MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I absolutely LOVE being the middle of 7 children and can't think of anyone else I'd want as my friends then my family. I haven't always been the best sister, but sure have been blessed with the best in return. Don't know why I'm so lucky, I certainly don't deserve it. Here's just a quick note to each of them.





Freddy

Freddy was a wonderful big brother (thanks Tonya for this picture of him). Isn't he so handsome! He was so much fun to be around. Fred died in April 1992. He was only 17 years old. I owe a lot to him though and he will always be one of my heroes.



Travis


Travis is very modest and unselfish. He works VERY hard for his family and has given me the the perfect example of how to love unconditionally. I love when you and your family come and just hang out at my house. I'm so glad we live so close to one another. I really admire and love you big brother.


TONYA



Any musical knowledge I have I owe to my sister Tonya (although it is nothing compared to her knowledge). She has taught me how to be open minded and has introduced me to some very awesome music. I really admire how she can so easily think for herself and isn't afraid to share her opinion (unlike me who cares way too much about what others think). I wish VERY much that I could have her attitude about life. We are very different, but still very good friends and I am so thankful for her love, acceptance, and friendship. LOVE YOU TONKA!


DONNY



Donny is one of the sweetest, smartest, and funniest people I know (and guess what ladies...he's single). I love when people tell me Cannon reminds them of Donny because I will be so happy if he grows up to be as tender hearted and loving as Donny is. (I'll have to try to post pics of Donny as a baby...him and Cannon do have some similarities.) He is a quiet genius and I know we will see great things out of him someday. I love you little brother.


EMILEE



Emilee is one of my VERY best friends. Even though we are 7 years apart in age, we have been asked if we were twins many times (although she is much prettier). She is such a doll. I love how much she loves my kids and I am so grateful for her help when Kylee was a baby. We've shared lots of good and bad times together and I love her more then words can say. I'm so proud of who you are!


CODY



Cody is just adorable. I can't believe he has grown up so fast. I think he is a little bit of all of us wrapped into one. Just off the top of my head, here's a few things I think he gets from his older siblings (Freddy - looks (they look a lot alike), Travis - love for video games, Tonya - love for music, Me - awesomeness (just kidding), Donny - sense of humor (they are funny guys), Emilee - sense of style (although Cody has a style of his own). You are the reason I couldn't wait to be a mom. You were such a fun baby and I'm so glad you came to our family.


And of course we couldn't have turned out so great without our great parents. We had a very humble upbringing, but I honestly wouldn't trade any of it. I am SO thankful for all you have sacrificed and taught me.


2 comments:

gunnarson said...

I love all your thankful posts! I need to express my thankfulness more often! Your kids are adorable and you all looked so cute in your halloween costumes. Can't wait to see you soon!

Xander Man said...

holy cow! I had know idea you came from such a huge family! I agree that having siblings is a good thing...couldn't say I thought that when I was younger though:)