Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm Thankful

This month I am going to try extra hard to post about things I am thankful for. This weekend left no doubt what the first post would be. I am thankful for...
ELECTRICITY!!!

Saturday/Sunday's stormy weather left us without power for
12 HOURS!
Kylee was devastated when she woke up and couldn't watch Elmo. She tried and tried to get the TV to turn on. I didn't realize how much we really do rely on our electricity and how convenient it really is.

We survived no problem, although I was starting to get nervous about things defrosting in the freezer and how ugly I would look going to church with my hair wet and probably out of control. We found ways to entertain ourselves without power too. We played paper cup bowling, cards, read books, and colored. Once the power actually did come back on, Kylee was jumping up and down and saying POWER, POWER, I love POWER. It was cute.

3 comments:

Xander Man said...

I second that!!!!!!

gunnarson said...

I love power too! Our's went out for like two hours a couple of months ago and I was so sad! Your Halloween pics are adorable! Cannon is so cute and getting so big! Kylee looks so sweet in her glasses! I was so sad for your spider story because I HATE spiders too!!!! Glad you had someone come out. Miss you!

whitney williams said...

you're power went out?!! that totally sucks...especially with kids. Our power went out in Eagle Mountain once when we lived there, and my kids were sad they couldn't watch tv too...I think it' harder when you have kids :) I emailed Andrea and told her you said hi...what a small world!