Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

As most of you know, I am not a huge fan of Tuesday's and Thursday's as they are the days I have to work. Not that I don't like working, I actually have an amazing job and really love the people I work with and such, but it just makes things a little hard on my kids. They go to my mom's (which is awesome and I'm so thankful for) but neither of them nap very well when they are away from home and I usually end up coming home super stressed (I do full time work in part time hours) and it's just not a good combination...trying to get dinner ready, kids in bed, not to mention any other responsibilities we might have that night, all while being stressed and having to deal with ornery kids. I know...cry me a river right? We all have days like that even if you don't work.

Well yesterday was particularly a little stressful at work (honestly knowing that I just have a month left is the only thing that gets me through a work day sometimes) and I was supposed to be home to go visiting teaching that night. So I literally got home from work, kissed my kids and grabbed the visiting teaching message (which I hadn't even read) and walked back out the door. We have some really awesome ladies on our route and always end up taking about 2 hours to get it all done. So when I got home, both my kids were in bed. True to form, they hadn't had very good naps that day so they both zonked out early, which always means they will be up early the next day.

So I grabbed me something to eat, watched a few of my TiVo'd shows (can't miss American Idol), checked emails and such, and before you know it, it's 12:30 at night and I'm way too exhausted. I head to bed thinking about how I should still get about 6 hours of sleep or so before the kids wake up and that is not that bad.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

AT 2:30 AM I awoke to laughing and giggling and the sound of Cannon's crib banging against the wall. When I walked into his room, this is what I found...
Now I'm 98% sure that Kylee woke up and went in and woke Cannon up, but he didn't seem too upset about it. They had thrown all Cannon's covers out of his bed and were jumping and playing and laughing...AT 2:30 IN THE MORNING! I had been asleep for maybe 2 hours.
But there is no doubt that the role of mom comes with the price of sleep deprivation once in a while and I figured I'd just change bums, give them both something to eat (since they both fell asleep before Dinner) and get them back to bed and hopefully we could all sleep in today. Cannon followed this plan pretty well, just needing a fresh diaper and a bottle, but Kylee was ready to party.

FINALLY at 5:30, Kylee was ready to go back to sleep. I tried everything and basically she just wasn't tired. I finally was back in my bed at 6:00 ONLY to hear Cannon wake up at 6:30 as usual. I turned to Curtis and told him that if I was going to make it through the day I needed at least another hour of sleep and even though he doesn't usually get up that early, he agreed and got up and took care of Cannon for me. I'm counting down the minutes until he is home again and hoping maybe the kids will take an early nap so I might get one too. I really can't complain too much, most of the time my kids are excellent sleepers. I just REALLY love my sleep! :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

This sounds all too familiar to my life....and my little Paige has the same Piggy jammies...cute!

Lacey said...

That is so funny! I'm sorry, maybe not so funny at 2:30 in the morning, but funny to me at 10:25 at night. I hope they sleep better tonight!

Jill said...

Please forgive me because I am dying laughing, but your kids are so dang cute. That is so funny!! I know it totally SUCKS though and I probably would have been so ticked. I LOVE my sleep too and don't function too well without it. I hope tomorrow is better for ya!!!!!!!!

Keri said...

I'm so sorry!!! I still wake up a minimum of two times a night - sometimes 5 or more with both the kids. It's so frustrating, especially since we work, huh! At least you are almost done working. I still have 2-3 more years...:( Hang in there!